This event is a real-time, interactive online experience with a professional tour guide. Which you can enjoy from the comfort of your living room.
In this online safari, we will head to the Olifants West nature reserve in the Balule Conservancy within the Greater Kruger National Park (GKNP). The GKNP is over two million hectares of protected animal reserve, which is the largest in South Africa and the third-largest in Africa. Here, the animals, predators and prey alike live out their lives the same way they have done for thousands of years. Home to the iconic “Big 5 “, elephant, ...
Start Sales Date
18 Jun 2021, 9am
Approximately 1 hour 30 mins
- Real-time experience streamed live from the rough roads of Kruger National Park
- Expert guide who will show how to track animals using a variety of methods
- Fascinating insights into the behaviour of different animals in the region
- Please have a good internet connection and Zoom app installed on your phone or laptop.
- The instructions to join the meeting will be sent via email shortly after the booking.
- This tour involves travelling to various places, at times the internet connection may be weak. However, we will attempt to minimize such disruptions.
- Refundable : Yes
- Can be cancelled up to 24hrs before the scheduled time.
- The date is based on the local time zone of the experience host.
- The activity is conducted outdoors and may need to be rescheduled in case of poor weather conditions.
The guide Matthew is truly a ‘bushman’. He was raised in the Greater Kruger amongst many different animal species, following the footsteps of his father and grandfather by worrying their mothers and running wild in the bush. His family's animal sanctuary meant that Matthew grew up with a variety of animals sometimes inside their house including, lion, leopard, cheetah, and many more. He later followed his passion and became a field guide on his family’s reserve, where he began to share his love of wildlife and nature.
Itching to learn more, he took on a very exclusive scholarship, in which he spent 2.5 years living in a tent in the bush. No electricity, no weapon just dedication! During this period of his life, he learned from master trackers, some of the highest qualified guides in the country, and had plenty of close encounters which now make for great stories. Matthew has a diverse knowledge far beyond the famous ‘Big 5’. He will teach you about plants, birds, conservation, photography, and tracking. Matthew has his lifetime of experience in the bush and we hope you also enjoy his passion for the bush.
From London, England originally, and moved to Hoedspruit, in the Lowveld area of South Africa fifteen years and has been guiding and living in the bush ever since with his South African wife, Sonja. Nine years ago they purchased Sausage Tree self-catered, tented Safari Camp in Olifants West Nature Reserve in the Baule conservancy within the Greater Kruger National Park. James is qualified to FGASA level 2 in guiding and track interpretation. He came late in life to the safari industry which makes him fully appreciative of the privilege of living in the bush and likes nothing better than to share his enthusiasm and knowledge with clients. James is a fluent French speaker and now has medium-level Spanish thanks to an online learning app during the lockdown.
Our Private Group Bookings option allows you to book out the tour exclusively for you and your guests. With the focus solely on you and your guests, participants are able to spend more time seeing and engaging in the parts of the tour that you are most interested in.
You can book this tour as a group or as a private tour and pay S$208, invite up to 10 friends and family to join this activity with you from any where in the world.
Kindly contact our SISTIC hotline at +65-6348-5555 to make your booking.
Public Standard (Single Participant): S$65
Private Group Booking (Up to 10 guests): S$208
- Through Internet, Hotline channels
- Valid from 14 Jul 2021 onwards