Event is over!
This event has ended and no longer available for booking.
Singapore Singapore-Alex Tan Sing sings for Charity-Apex Rehab Centre
Alex Tan Sing is undoubtedly Singapore’s most versatile, most creative multilingual, multi-talented artiste. www.AlexTanSing.com
Born & bred Singaporean, being a Singer-Songwriter-Entertainer-Comedian-Showhost-Show Producer for well over 20 years & now a Content Creator-Live Streamer-Edutainment Provider with the advent of the pandemic, he returns to his very first loves --- singing & entertaining.
Join Alex for free as he cheers up the old folks...
Apex Day Rehabilitation Centre For Elderly (ADRC) is a place where the elderly discover meaningful experiences. Here at ADRC, we recognize that every individual is unique. We offer programs where leisure and recreational activities provide meaningful experiences. We offer Rehabilitation & Day Care Services to the elderly who are poor & belong to the low-income group. We also provide transport service to bring seniors from their homes to the center & vice-versa at a nominal fee.
Donations may be made on-line via https://www.giving.sg/apex-day-rehabilitation-centre-for-elderly or PayNow to UEN: S89SS0091D.
- Day Care: Day Care is a full-day program commencing at 8 am and ends at 5.30 pm.
- Rehabilitation Therapy: Rehabilitation provides follow-up rehabilitation to elderly patients from hospitals.
- Speech Therapy: Elderly clients who have stroke and neurological disorders have swallowing difficulties, speech problems. Clients who are suffering from dementia encounter social engagement and communication problems. They require Speech Therapy to help them improve their conditions.
- Counselling and Befriending: Applicable to elderly clients who are stressed, depressed, anxious, or having inter-relationship difficulties with their family members. Also, assist new clients to adapt to the environment of Day Care.
- Nursing Care: All clients in Day Care are monitored by the Staff Nurse.
- Transport: Transport Service is provided to clients of Day Care and Rehabilitation at a nominal charge.
- Meals: Breakfast (up to 10 am daily), lunch and tea are provided to clients in Day Care.
ADRC is a charity organization with IPC (Institute of Public Character) status. It provides services to the elderly of the low-income group. As a Charity Organization, it takes in the poor elderly who require rehabilitation and care despite their inability to pay the fees. Otherwise, they will be left on their own without any support to improve their mobility and other physical functions, refreshing the reflective process to support cognitive activities and psychological stability.
ADRC assists financially to pay the fees of those needy elderly who are not on the public assistance scheme and have no income of their own or other resources. The center has about 100 clients in Day Care and another 50 clients undergoing rehabilitation therapy to recover their physical functions where possible. Although ADRC receives subventions from the Ministry of Health, the center is still required to raise funds to supplement the given grant to continue providing Rehabilitation and Day Care services to the elderly. ADRC raises its own funds through donations from well-wishers and corporations. Also, it holds its fundraising event through its annual Flag Day. Its Flag Day this year is on Wednesday, 25 November 2020. In 2021, its Flag Day event will be held on Saturday, 26 June 2021. Donations are welcomed: We welcome all donations of any amount. Donations of $50 and above qualify for tax exemption equivalent to 2.5 times.