The art of Chinese opera is a complex one that incorporates performance techniques from both eastern and western cultures. Simple gestures such as walking, sitting, singing, dancing, and even talking or crying are different from how we usually do in our daily lives.
In this workshop, participants will get to understand what traditional Chinese opera is about–its distinct features, basic movements and techniques used in Chinese opera performances.
Start Sales Date
E&Me Priority Booking
24 Aug 2021, 9am
25 Aug 2021, 9am
Esplanade Box Office:
25 Aug, 12 noon - 6pm
Approximately 1 hour 30 minutes, no intermission
Conducted in Mandarin
Admission Rules of Esplanade:
- All patrons are required to use the TraceTogether app or token via the SafeEntry Gateway. We regret that patrons who do not have the app or the token will be denied entry.
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance.
- Recommended for 16 years old and above.
- No admission for aged 12 and under.
- Please dress comfortably in loose clothing for this workshop.
- Meeting Point: Theatre Studio entrance, Level 4, 15mins before start time
Late Seating Advisory
- You are strongly advised to be seated before the performance start time.
- Latecomers will be admitted during suitable breaks, if any.
Photography/Video Recording Rules
- Please note that photographs and videos of patrons may be taken at this event for use in our archival and publicity material.
Help Us Keep Everyone Safe
- Maintain safe distancing between groups.
- Keep your mask on and practice good personal hygiene.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided around the centre and in the performance venues.
- Strictly no food & beverage allowed in the performance venues.
- Unless otherwise stated, audiences are not required to go through pre-event Antigen Rapid Test.
- Esplanade reserves the right not to admit patrons who do not comply with prevailing safe management measures.
- Stay at home if you're unwell.
Qin Zhanbao is a professional Chinese opera artist with vast experience in adaptation and direction. Qin has acted in various genres of opera including Teochew, Cantonese, Huangmei, Peking, Yue and Hokkien, as well as Chinese crosstalk, theatre and martial arts. Qin’s achievements in this traditional art form include the Mei Lanfang gold medal and a perfect score in the Chinese Youth Peking Opera Actor Grand TV competition. He also won the Best Performance Award in the Chinese Youth Peking Opera Actor Invitational Competition.
秦占宝是名全方位戏曲艺术家，专业领域包括创作、编导、演绎，参与过的作品横跨潮剧、粤剧、黄梅戏、京剧、越剧、歌仔戏、相声、话剧以及武术等。 他曾荣获中国全国中青年京剧演员电视大奖赛 － 《梅兰芳金奖》以及中国全国中青年京剧演员邀请赛 －《 最佳表演奖》。