8 Nov 2019, 9am
Other Channels :
8 Nov 2019, 10am
The highly anticipated band event of the year “Festival Winds”, organized by the Band Directors’ Association (Singapore) and co-produced by the Licha Stelaus Productions, is back for its second year running! Festival Winds is a premier musical experience for students (Secondary School and above) throughout Singapore to come together and perform with one another. Festival Winds remains as an encouraging and inclusive platform for like-minded individuals to come together to share musical ideas, make friends and promote musical growth. At Festival Winds, students will participate in masterclasses with an esteemed professional faculty and rehearse as an ensemble for 4 days. At the end of the Festival, students will put up a full-length concert to demonstrate their growth and development.
Do look forward to catch your favourite Band Directors in action as the BDA(S) takes stage for the Festival Winds Honour Band Concert. Festival Winds Honour Band Concert will be conducted by BDA(S)’s esteemed advisor, Dr Leonard Tan from the National Institute of Education, Director of Music of the Singapore Armed Forces Central Band ME5 Tan Aik Kee Ken Steven, and the Deputy Director of Music of the Singapore Police Force Band ASP (2) Lau Lifeng.
Festival Winds is grateful to our sponsors, The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM), Chenter Foundation, National Arts Council Arts Fund, Hong Leong Foundation and Kwan Im Thong Hood Cho Temple, and our new venue Partner, Nanyang Polytechnic, for their generosity in supporting Festival Winds 2019.
Approximately 2 hour with 20 minutes interval
Admission Rules of Esplanade:
Rating / Age Limit
- No admission for infants in arms and children below 1 years old
- Children 1 years and above must purchase a ticket for entry
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance
Late Seating Advisory
- You are strongly advised to be seated 15 minutes before the performance start time.
- No admission will be allowed into the venue once the performance has commenced.
- Exceptions may be made at Esplanade's discretion depending on the nature of the performance.
Photography / Video Recording Rules
- No Flash Photography, Video recording and Audio recording is permitted for this event.
- Please note that photographs and videos of patrons may be taken at this event for use in our archival and publicity material.
Through All SISTIC Channels
S$11 for Student(Local/Overseas)
[Verification: Present valid Student Pass]
[Please note that random checks on concession tickets will be conducted at the point of entry
[Patron unable to present proof of eligibility are required to upgrade their concession ticket to full price tickets]