Event is over!
This event has ended and no longer available for booking.
The Merchant of Venice is a play by William Shakespeare, set in 16th century Venice. When a merchant defaults borrows a large amount from an abused Jewish moneylender to fund a friend with romantic ambitions, the bitterly vengeful creditor demands a gruesome payment instead. The play is remembered for its dramatic scenes and is best known for Shylock’s famous plea, "Hath not a Jew eyes?" and Portia's argument about "The Quality of Mercy".
In view of the current COVID restrictions on public performances, Avant Theatre has trans-created this play from a full length classic presenta...
5 Oct 2020, 3pm
Approximately 1 hour 40 minutes
Rating / Age Limit
- No admission for infants in arms and children below 4 years old
- Children 4 years and above must purchase ticket for entry
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance
Photography / Video Recording Rules
- No Photography, Video recording and Audio recording is permitted for this event
- Max of 5 Seats together can be blocked in a row during ticket purchase.
- Mask to be worn at all time during performance by audience.
- Audience will not be permitted to change their seats from their assigned seat number or mingle with artiste after the show.
- At Theatre Venue, Mandatory Trace Together App or device must be activated together with venue check-in app by all audience. (TT gadget can be collected at venue especially for matured audience)
- There will be No Interval for these shows.
In venue performance at Drama Centre Theatre:
Measures will be taken to ensure the health and safety of all patrons at Drama Centre Theatre.
This includes wearing a mask at all times for both staff and patrons, temperature taking, SafeEntry logging and observance of social distancing around the theatre.
Please be reminded to bring along your smart device for QR code scanning and e-ticket verification.
To ensure sufficient time for admission and safe distancing, please arrive at the venue at least 20 minutes before the start of the performance.
Latecomers will be admitted at suitable pauses and may be assigned a different seat based on availability.