30 May 2019, 10am
LA COMEDY LIVE and ADRIAN BOHM PRESENTS are excited to announce that Trevor Noah, host of the Emmy and Peabody Award–winning program The Daily Show in the US, is coming to Singapore on 19 August, 2019 at The Star Theatre for the first time with his new stand-up show Loud and Clear.
Noah recently won Best Host at the 2017 MTV Movie & TV Awards, as well as a Creative Arts Emmy Award for Outstanding Short Form Variety Series for his hosting role on The Daily Show - Between the Scenes. But his roots are actually in stand-up comedy. He toured his first one man show in 2009. His second show The Racist was a sold out run at the 2012 Edinburgh Fringe that became one of the most talked about shows at the Festival that year. Noah now sells out arenas around the world and is one of the most successful comedians in the world.
In 2016, Trevor released his first book Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood which became an instant New York Times bestseller. As well as receiving many awards, his book is now being made into a film starring Oscar winning Lupita Nyong’o.Trevor’s explosion onto the entertainment scene has been nothing short of meteoric, taking on TV, radio and his first love, stand-up comedy.His sharp wit, intelligent commentary, unmistakable charm and clinical delivery have established him as an extremely popular performer with undoubted world-class potential.
Noah is the most successful comedian in Africa and has hosted numerous television shows in his homeland South Africa, including two seasons of his own late night talk show Tonight with Trevor Noah. He made his US television debut in 2012 on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and has also appeared on The Late Show with David Letterman, becoming the first South African stand-up comedian to appear on either show. In 2015, Noah was named host of The Daily Show, taking over the role from legendary Jon Stewart.
Don’t miss Trevor Noah when he goes to Singapore! Hurry, this will sell out!
Approximately 75 to 90 minutes (no interval)
- Due to limited parking lots, visitors are highly encouraged to take public transport or to park your vehicles at the surrounding nearby car parks.
- Alternative car parks: Rochester Mall, Ministry of Education, Fusionopolis, Biopolis at One-North, NTU Alumni Club and The Metropolis.
Rating / Age Limit
- Every customer must purchase ticket for admission including children of all ages and infants
Late Seating Advisory:
- Please be seated 15 minutes before the performance start time. There will be no admission into the venue once the performance has commenced. Admission may only be permitted during a suitable pause, depending on the nature of the performance
Photography / Video Recording Rules
- No Flash Photography, Video recording and Audio recording is permitted for this event
- Booster seats are available on a first-come-first- served basis, from 1 hour prior to event start time. They are not guaranteed and are not included with the purchase of your ticket. Patrons are welcome to bring their own.
- No outside food and beverage is allowed into the venue.
- Please be advised there are steps leading to most seats in the auditorium.
- Due to restricted lift access to The Star Theatre, kindly approach any of the ushers on event day for lift assistance. For more information, please email The Star PAC Front-of-House at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Designated wheelchair accessible seating is available at all levels.
- Wheelchair users: please contact SISTIC Hotline at +65 6348 5555 prior to making a booking.