Beyond just being a word in the dictionary, our surname provides us with clues to our ancestry and linkages to our family.
Through this fun activity-based parent-child workshop, participants will get a better understanding of what’s in a Chinese surname and start on their journey, digging deeper into their roots. They will also get to learn and experience string art making in this session.
Some parts of the workshop will require floor seating. Please dress comfortably for the programme.
Start Sales Date
E&Me Priority Booking
24 Aug 2021, 9am
25 Aug 2021, 9am
Esplanade Box Office:
25 Aug, 12 noon - 6pm
Approximately 1 hour 30 minutes, no intermission
Conducted in Mandarin
Admission Rules of Esplanade:
- All patrons are required to use the TraceTogether app or token via the SafeEntry Gateway. We regret that patrons who do not have the app or the token will be denied entry.
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance.
- Recommended for children aged 6–9 with an accompanying parent/guardian.
- No admission for children aged 4 and under.
- Accompanying adults must be above 16.
- Please dress comfortably for this workshop.
- Meeting Point: Theatre Studio entrance, Level 4, 15mins before start time
Late Seating Advisory
- You are strongly advised to be seated before the performance start time.
- Latecomers will be admitted during suitable breaks, if any.
Photography/Video Recording Rules
- Please note that photographs and videos of patrons may be taken at this event for use in our archival and publicity material.
Help Us Keep Everyone Safe
- Maintain safe distancing between groups.
- Keep your mask on and practice good personal hygiene.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided around the centre and in the performance venues.
- Strictly no food & beverage allowed in the performance venues.
- Unless otherwise stated, audiences are not required to go through pre-event Antigen Rapid Test.
- Esplanade reserves the right not to admit patrons who do not comply with prevailing safe management measures.
- Stay at home if you're unwell.
Jasmine Xie Huilin is a performance studies graduate from Murdoch University of Australia. Xie is effectively bilingual and has performance experiences in both English and Mandarin theatre, as well as puppetry productions. Xie has acted in feature and short films. Beyond her acting career, she is a host for many events.
Fann Art Thérapie started in Feb 2018 with the purpose of getting people to disconnect from technology and reconnect with themselves, family and friends, through crafting. Focusing on the process and experience of art making, Fann Art Thérapie encourages everyone to slow down, immerse themselves in the moment and to discover their full potential.
慢下脚步，慢下生活，投入当下。创立于2018年2月的慢 • 艺术工坊，希望通过手工艺制作疗愈的过程，鼓励人们放下电子器材，放慢步伐，重新寻获自我、寻获与家人朋友的感情和联系。
Standard: $36 (1 adult + 1 child)
Tickets have to be bought in pairs.