Event is over!
This event has ended and no longer available for booking.
The seclusion that people have endured due to the pandemic has thrown light on several existential questions: What is happiness? What is fate? What is our purpose? Why do we suffer? Amit Dhamelia and his band bring you Sufi music, a musical form that explores these deep spiritual questions through poignant poetry and lilting melodies.
Sufism profoundly extols ageless virtues and playfully reprimands human foolhardiness. This musical journey wishes to kindle inspiration and hope for people to continue seeking out their own destinies and self-actualisation. Since Sufi music is an e...
Start Sales Date
Esplanade&Me Priority Booking
11 Oct 2021, 12pm
12 Oct 2021 onwards, 9am
Esplanade Box Office:
12 Oct 2021, 12 noon - 6pm
Approximately 1 hour, with no intermission
Performed in Hindi and Punjabi
Admission Rules of Esplanade:
- All patrons are required to use the TraceTogether app or token via the SafeEntry Gateway. We regret that patrons who do not have the app or the token will be denied entry.
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance.
- Infants in arms or children below the age of 13 shall not be admitted.
- Children 13 years and above must purchase ticket for admission.
Late Seating Advisory
- You are strongly advised to be seated before the performance start time.
- Latecomers will be admitted during suitable breaks, if any.
- Exceptions may be made at Esplanade's discretion depending on the nature of the performance.
Photography/Video Recording Rules
- No Photography, Video recording and Audio recording is allowed for this event.
- Please note that photographs and videos of patrons may be taken at this event for use in our archival and publicity material.
Help Us Keep Everyone Safe
- Maintain safe distancing between groups.
- Keep your mask on and practice good personal hygiene.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided around the centre and in the performance venues.
- Strictly no food & beverage allowed in the performance venues.
- Esplanade reserves the right not to admit patrons who do not comply with prevailing safe management measures.
- Stay at home if you're unwell.
Amit Dhamelia is internationally acclaimed musician with 43 years of musical experience. In that time, he has marked a few thousand concerts to his name and has performed extensively in countries like India, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and Dubai. He is a seasoned vocalist, music arranger, lyricist and music composer.
Amit Dhamelia holds a Master’s degree in Hindustani classical vocal and is also proficient in 14 musical instruments. His repertoire encompasses a wide variety of genres including Indian classical, Bollywood, Sufi, Ghazals and Indian folk.
He has performed alongside legendary artists such as the ‘King of Ghazals’ Ustad Gulam Ali, Mallika e Ghazal Munni Begum, Ghazal maestro Pankaj Udhas, Dandia queen Falguni Pathak, Indian television stars Kapil Sharma, Raju Srivastava, Sudesh-Krishna, renowned American music conductor Mr Brian White, Mr Phillip Lawrence from the UK, Japanese conductor Mr Ujiama Kudasai, and many others.
Amit Dhamelia has lived in Singapore for 16 years now. He is the director of his own academy of Indian music excellence, Param Swaram Performing Arts. Through his academy, he envisions building Singapore as a global benchmark for superior musical distinction and honing the next generation of top-quality, Singapore-based musical talents who will take their place in the global music industry.
As part of the latest safe management measures, Pre-Event Testing (PET) is compulsory for all audiences attending this performance, except for those who have completed the full vaccination against COVID-19#.
Patrons who have yet to complete their vaccination must undergo PET at any of the Ministry of Health (MOH) Approved Test Providers, or at Quick Test Centres, within 24 hours before the end of the performance, at your own cost. On-site PET is not available at Esplanade for this event.
Children aged 12 and below may be exempted from PET. Limited number of children in this age group will be admitted into the venue upon verification by our ushers at the door. This is to ensure the number of children does not exceed 20% of the total audience size.
#Full vaccination refers to:
• two weeks after the second dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech/Comirnaty, Moderna or any COVID-19 vaccines under the World Health Organisation's (WHO) emergency use list
• recovery from a COVID-19 infection
Do bring along your negative PET test result notice, photo identification, and mobile device with updated TraceTogether (TT) app or token for SafeEntry check-in. We regret that patrons who do not have their photo ID, the app or token will be denied entry. Please visit MOH website for details.