Huayi 华艺节 2022 Stamp Carving Workshop with Drool Stamps 印章雕刻工作坊 (Drool Stamps) (Singapore)
- Sat, 12 Feb 2022 - Sun, 13 Feb 2022, 1.00pm & 5.00pm
Step into the shoes of both contemporary and traditional artisans, by making your own rubber stamps at this beginner-level workshop with Drool Stamps!
As the illustrator and maker behind Drool Stamps, Rachel Ma is known for her enthralling ability to transform the seemingly mundane yet richly nostalgic snapshots of our lives into thoughtful rubber stamps. Workshop participants can look forward to learning about traditional seal carving elements inspired by her conversations with veteran seal carver Lee Boon Chye.
Capture the magic of daily life with your personalised r...
Start Sales Date
Esplanade&Me Priority Booking
20 Dec 2021, 9am
SISTIC Authorised Agents:
20 Dec 2021, 10am
Esplanade Box Office:
20 Dec 2021, 12pm - 6pm
21 Dec 2021 onwards, 9am
SISTIC Authorised Agents:
21 Dec 2021, 10am
Esplanade Box Office:
21 Dec 2021, 12pm - 6pm
Approximately 1 hour 30 minutes, no intermission
Conducted in English.
Admission Rules of Esplanade:
- All patrons are required to do SafeEntry check-in at the venue via the TraceTogether app or token only. We regret that patrons who do not have the app or the token will be denied entry.
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance.
- Infants in arms or children below the age of 13 shall not be admitted.
- Children 13 years and above must purchase ticket for admission.
Late Seating Advisory
- You are strongly advised to be seated before the performance start time.
- Latecomers will be admitted during suitable breaks, if any.
- Exceptions may be made at Esplanade's discretion depending on the nature of the performance.
Photography/Video Recording Rules
- No Photography, Video recording and Audio recording is allowed for this event.
- Please note that photographs and videos of patrons may be taken at this event for use in our archival and publicity material.
Help Us Keep Everyone Safe
- Maintain safe distancing between groups.
- Keep your mask on and practice good personal hygiene.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided around the centre and in the performance venues.
- Strictly no food & beverage allowed in the performance venues.
- Esplanade reserves the right not to admit patrons who do not comply with prevailing safe management measures.
- Stay at home if you're unwell.
This craft workshop is part of Huayi’s inaugural documentary-workshop experience, which delves into traditional Chinese crafts and their surprising connections to the more familiar contemporary trends of today.
A short documentary was commissioned to uncover the stories of traditional artisans and the sunset industries that they have dedicated their lives to. Depicted through the lens of a young contemporary artist, it aims to invoke dialogue on how we can rekindle the legacy of traditions that have laid dormant or remain unknown. This line of inquiry is strengthened by the complimentary onsite workshop.
Enrich your stamp carving workshop experience by tuning in to the conversations between Rachel Ma and Lee Boon Chye in Rekindle: Carving the Self. The former is the illustrator and rubber stamp maker behind Drool Stamps, and the latter is a veteran seal carver of Chinatown Seal Carving Souvenir – the last seal carving shop in Singapore.
Watch the short documentary, premiering 13 January 2022, 4pm on Esplanade Offstage.
纪录片将在1月13日，下午4时在Esplanade Offstage 播放。
Rachel Ma is the illustrator and stamp maker behind Drool Stamps. What began as a childhood interest in carving images out of erasers eventually evolved into an artistic haven and online business where she designs, draws and carves her own rubber stamps. Drawing inspiration from her faith, conversations with people and beauty of the everyday, Rachel’s creations reimagine a better world and introduce a sense of playfulness into the humdrum of daily life.
From 1 Jan 2022, there will no longer be a concession for unvaccinated individuals to perform Pre-Event Testing in lieu of being fully vaccinated. All patrons aged 13 and above need to be fully vaccinated# against COVID-19.
#Full vaccination refers to:
• having received the appropriate regimen of World Health Organisation Emergency Use Listing (WHO EUL) vaccines including their respective duration post-vaccination for the vaccine to be fully effective, and had their vaccination records ingested in MOH’s national IT systems
• recovery from a COVID-19 infection within the last 180 days
All patrons are required to do SafeEntry check-in at the venue via the TraceTogether app (version 2.11 and above) or token only. Other modes of SafeEntry check-in will not be accepted.