Event is over!
This event has ended and no longer available for booking.
You could just stand there, or you could run amongst the forest of columns...and that’s ok.
Singapore dance artist Ricky Sim presents an immersive installation work that considers the spaces in between as we learn to navigate a socially distanced world. For the past year, we have been living in a new reality with a heightened awareness of space, and an increased sense of isolation. How do we adapt and go through our daily lives that have been changed fundamentally?
Interspace invites participants, either singly or in pair, to enter a hypnotic space of awareness, discov...
Start Sales Date
29 Jan 2021, 9am onwards
Esplanade Box Office:
29 Jan 2021, 12 noon - 6pm
Approximately 20 minutes, no intermission
Admission Rules of Esplanade:
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance.
- Infants in arms or patrons below the age of 16 shall not be admitted.
- Patrons above 16 years must purchase ticket for admission.
Late Seating Advisory
- There will be no latecomer entry allowed for this performance.
- Please arrive 10mins before the start of the performance.
Photography/Video Recording Rules
- No Photography, Video recording and Audio recording is allowed for this event.
- Please note that photographs and videos of patrons may be taken at this event for use in our archival and publicity material.
- Participants are recommended to wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
- Participants may feel discomfort in a confined space.
- Participants will be filmed as part of this performance, and the resulting video will be used during the performance.
- Performance may include use of strobe lights.
About Ricky Sim
Ricky Sim’s career spans over 25 years, working as a professional dancer, choreographer and dance educator. In 2011, Ricky founded RAW Moves, a contemporary dance company which focuses its connection and direction of work in the spirit of inquiry. Ricky works closely with practitioners of diverse backgrounds and has gained a reputation as a director and choreographer who is collaborative and provocative.
Ricky has choreography many notable works, including Transparent Ground in Brisbane (2003), X-ray (Singapore Arts Festival, 2007), Visible Cities (Napoli Teatro Festiva and Singapore Arts Festival, 2009), It Appears That... (Esplanade – Theatres on the Bay, 2010) and Turandot (Teatro alla Scala, 2011). He has been commissioned for over 50 works and interdisciplinary collaborations with local and international artists, and has worked with The Arts Fission Company (Singapore), Singapore Dance Theatre, Katsura Kan & Saltimbanques (Japan), Theatre Nordhausen (Germany) and Fattore K and Teatro all Scala (Italy).
Ricky is often invited as a speaker and guest lecturer for dance and education at various forums and institutions, including the National Arts Council Singapore, Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (Singapore), LASALLE College of the Arts (Singapore), Thammasat University (Thailand) and Teatro De Flippo, University Rome (Italy).
Standard: S$14 (Per Slot)
Participant may choose to attend alone or in pairs.