Event is over!
This event has ended and no longer available for booking.
From Beethoven to Blackpink and Christmas jazz to jukebox tunes, the MacPherson Philharmonic Orchestra promises festive cheer for the whole family.
Registration Start Date
E&Me Priority Registration
2 Dec 2021, 9am onwards
3 Dec 2021, 9am onwards
Esplanade Box Office:
3 Dec 2021 onwards, 12nn - 6pm
Approximately 1 hour, no intermission
Admission Rules of Esplanade:
- All patrons are required to use the TraceTogether app or token via the SafeEntry Gateway. We regret that patrons who do not have the app or the token will be denied entry.
Photography/Video Recording Rules
- No flash photography, unauthorised professional photography, video and audio recording is allowed for this event.
- Please note that photographs and videos of patrons may be taken at this event for use in our archival and publicity material.
Help Us Keep Everyone Safe
- Maintain safe distancing between groups.
- Keep your mask on and practice good personal hygiene.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided around the centre and in the performance venues.
- Strictly no food & beverage allowed in the performance venues.
- Unless otherwise stated, audiences are not required to go through pre-event Antigen Rapid Test.
- Esplanade reserves the right not to admit patrons who do not comply with prevailing safe management measures.
- Stay at home if you're unwell.
An orchestra’s journey is its ability to use music to move everyone. Driven by this belief, the MacPherson Philharmonic Orchestra (MPPO) was formed in 2017. Founded by Lester Kong, winner of the Smoky Mountain Conducting Competition and Pierre Monteux Prize in Conducting 2017, MPPO started with only a strength of 40 and has since grown to 70 musicians today. Comprising volunteer musicians from all walks of life, musicians joined MPPO not only to pursue excellence in orchestral performance, but also to bring their passion and love for music to the community.
Despite being a nascent orchestra, MPPO has made its mark in Singapore . It has presented performances for the President’s Office and the Singapore-China International Business Organization. MPPO also collaborated with the Melo Arts Choir in a concert that featured excerpts from the Yellow River Cantata. Its performances at the Singapore Botanic Gardens in 2018 and 2019 have reached out to some 1,000 people.
As part of our safe management measures, seating capacity is limited for this performance in the Esplanade Concert Hall. E-tickets are required for all audiences including infant-in-arms (1 e-ticket admits 1 person).
Kindly select the correct number of seats prior to selecting your seat section. You can only select seats in blocks of 1-2 seats.
As part of our safe management measures, Pre-Event Testing (PET) is compulsory for all audiences attending this performance, except for those who have completed the full vaccination against COVID-19#.
Patrons who have yet to complete their vaccination must undergo PET at any of the Ministry of Health (MOH) Approved Test Providers or Quick Test Centres, within 24 hours before the end of the performance, at your own cost. On-site PET is not available at Esplanade for this event.
Children aged 12 and below may be exempted from PET. Please book “12years and below” tickets for children in this age group. Verification will be done at the door, and strictly no admission nor refunds for patrons holding the wrong type of tickets. This is to ensure the number of children does not exceed 20% of the total audience size.
#Full vaccination refers to:
• two weeks after the second dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech/Comirnaty, Moderna or any COVID-19 vaccines under the World Health Organisation's (WHO) emergency use list
• recovery from a COVID-19 infection
Do bring along your negative PET test result notice, photo identification, and mobile device with updated TraceTogether (TT) app or token for SafeEntry check-in. We regret that patrons who do not have their photo ID, the app or token will be denied entry. Please visit MOH website for details.