9 Oct 2019, 9am
9 Oct 2019, 10am
Formed in 1973 by guitarist John McLaughlin and tabla maestro Zakir Hussain , SHAKTI pioneered a groundbreaking East meets West collaboration and played a pivotal role in establishing Fusion music. The violinist L.Shankar and ghatam player T.H. Vikku Vinayakram were part of the original band which toured several years in its original formation around the world to highly acclaimed praise.
For professional reasons, the group disbanded in 1978 and for two decades each of the musicians followed their own highly successful careers and only in the late 90's was the band reformed with Shankar Mahadevan on vocals, U.Srinivas on mandolin and Selvaganesh Vinayakram replacing his father Vikku. Another creative dimension was brought to the band which was already considered one of the best world music groups.
After the tragic loss in 2014 of Mandolin U. Srinivas, the group ceased to perform. However in early 2019 the group once again reformed with violinist Ganesh Rajagopalan for a performance in India. For the musicians this event served as a renaissance of Shakti. With the new formation, it was decided to continue to perform together for special events and bring the magic of Shakti once again to the public.
For sponsorship or bulk tickets contact 9727487/93201595.
Approximately 2 hours
- Due to limited parking lots, visitors are highly encouraged to take public transport or to park your vehicles at the surrounding nearby car parks.
- Alternative car parks: Rochester Mall, Ministry of Education, Fusionopolis, Biopolis at One-North, NTU Alumni Club and The Metropolis.
Rating / Age Limit
- No admission for infants in arms and children below 8 years old
- Children 8 years and above must purchase a ticket for entry
Late Seating Advisory:
- Please be seated 15 minutes before the performance start time. There will be no admission into the venue once the performance has commenced. Admission may only be permitted during a suitable pause, depending on the nature of the performance
Photography / Video Recording Rules
- No Photography, Video recording and Audio recording is permitted for this event
- Booster seats are available on a first-come-first- served basis, from 1 hour prior to event start time. They are not guaranteed and are not included with the purchase of your ticket. Patrons are welcome to bring their own.
- No outside food and beverage is allowed into the venue.
- Please be advised there are steps leading to most seats in the auditorium.
- Due to restricted lift access to The Star Theatre, kindly approach any of the ushers on event day for lift assistance. For more information, please email The Star PAC Front-of-House at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Designated wheelchair accessible seating is available at all levels.
- Wheelchair users: please contact SISTIC Hotline at +65 6348 5555 prior to making a booking.
Through All Sales Channels
10% Discount for Early Bird
[Valid for Cat 2 & 3 only]
[Applicable from 9 - 18 Oct 2019]