In a unique performance that brings two genres at the extreme ends of a spectrum together, Rudra ascends the stage with three critically acclaimed classical musicians, Aditi Gopinathan (vocals), Raghavendran Rajasekaran (flute) and Viknash Balakirshnan (mridangam). The band will play a repertoire of songs from eight albums spanning 29 years, showcasing Vedic philosophy through the depiction of a man’s journey from birth to enlightenment. A meeting of heavy metal, Indian classical music and ancient Indian philosophy, this performance is arguably the first of its kind and promises to be an ep...
Start Sales Date
Esplanade&Me Priority Booking
11 Oct 2021, 12pm
12 Oct 2021 onwards, 9am
Esplanade Box Office:
12 Oct 2021, 12 noon - 6pm
Approximately 1 hour 30 minutes, with no intermission
Performed in Sanskrit
Admission Rules of Esplanade:
- All patrons are required to use the TraceTogether app or token via the SafeEntry Gateway. We regret that patrons who do not have the app or the token will be denied entry.
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance.
- Infants in arms or children below the age of 13 shall not be admitted.
- Children 13 years and above must purchase ticket for admission.
Late Seating Advisory
- You are strongly advised to be seated before the performance start time.
- Latecomers will be admitted during suitable breaks, if any.
- Exceptions may be made at Esplanade's discretion depending on the nature of the performance.
Photography/Video Recording Rules
- No Photography, Video recording and Audio recording is allowed for this event.
- Please note that photographs and videos of patrons may be taken at this event for use in our archival and publicity material.
Help Us Keep Everyone Safe
- Maintain safe distancing between groups.
- Keep your mask on and practice good personal hygiene.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided around the centre and in the performance venues.
- Strictly no food & beverage allowed in the performance venues.
- Esplanade reserves the right not to admit patrons who do not comply with prevailing safe management measures.
- Stay at home if you're unwell.
“One of extreme metal’s most unique proposition... Singapore’s Rudra.” – Terrorizer (UK)
“Blessed with flawless production and enough brains to raise dismal metalhead IQ levels, Rudra marks the violent evolution of music’s most uncompromising genre.” – Fury Rocks (The Netherlands)
“Though the use of Eastern melody and instrumentation isn’t a completely alien concept in metal, the manner in which Rudra bring the two worlds together truly is unique.” – No Clean Singing (USA)
Rudra, by now a legendary band in the global metal scene, was established in 1992. It is world-renowned for playing a uniquely composed avant-garde blend of styles, especially for combining extreme metal with interpolations and extended passages of traditional Indian classical music. The band’s lyrical content is derived from Sanskrit Vedic literature and philosophy with ancient mantras and shlokas incorporated into the song structures. Thus, they created a brand-new subgenre of their own: Vedic metal.
To date, the band has released 10 albums and has fans across the globe. The phenomenal artistic achievement of the band has attracted even musicologists. Several research papers have been published about Rudra and Vedic metal, making them a band for both metalheads and academics alike.
FB - https://www.facebook.com/RudraBand
IG - https://www.instagram.com/official.rudra/
As part of the latest safe management measures, Pre-Event Testing (PET) is compulsory for all audiences attending this performance, except for those who have completed the full vaccination against COVID-19#.
Patrons who have yet to complete their vaccination must undergo PET at any of the Ministry of Health (MOH) Approved Test Providers, or at Quick Test Centres, within 24 hours before the end of the performance, at your own cost. On-site PET is not available at Esplanade for this event.
#Full vaccination refers to:
• two weeks after the second dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech/Comirnaty, Moderna or any COVID-19 vaccines under the World Health Organisation's (WHO) emergency use list
• recovery from a COVID-19 infection
Do bring along your negative PET test result notice, photo identification, and mobile device with updated TraceTogether (TT) app or token for SafeEntry check-in. We regret that patrons who do not have their photo ID, the app or token will be denied entry. Please visit MOH website for details.
Standard: S$30, S$22
- 15% savings for E&Me Black members
- 10% savings for E&Me White members
- 10% savings for E&Me Discover members (Package of 4 across min. 2 shows (applicable to Concert Hall and Theatre shows of Kalaa Utsavam 2021 only))
- $16 for Student, Senior Citizen (aged 60 years and above) and NSF
- Subject to availability
- For Cat 2 only