No friendship is purer than one formed during schooling days, and no bond truer than one between musicians who hear each other’s heart through their art. Local young talents Jonathan Ngeow (ruan) and Rit Xu (flute), same-age friends since schooling days, have ventured into different musical genres, each leaving a trail as unique as his own signature. This October, sparks fly as the duo is featured in a combined concert, presenting Ruan Kebyar, with its rich allusions to South-East Asian tradition, juxtaposed with the quintessentially Flute Concerto by Jacques Ibert in a me...
Start Sales Date
Internet & Mobile:
28 Sep 2021, 9am
28 Sep 2021, 10am
English and Mandarin
Approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes, no interval
SISTIC Live stream on 23 Oct. Concert begins at 8pm, viewable until 31 Oct 8pm.
Limit to 5 views only.
All patrons must have either a Trace Together token or Trace Together app to enter the concert hall.
Rating / Age Limit
- Rating: General
- No admission for infants in arms and children below 6 years old
- Children 6 years and above must purchase ticket for entry
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance
Late Seating Advisory
- Please be seated 15 minutes before the performance start time.
- There will be no admission into the venue once the performance has commenced.
- Admission may only be permitted during a suitable pause, depending on the nature of the performance.
Photography / Video Recording Rules
- Non-flash photography is allowed for this event.
- No unauthorised flash photography, video recording and audio recording is allowed for this event.
- Please note that photographs and videos of patrons may be taken at this event for use in our archival and publicity material.
(i) Patrons who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e. 14 days have passed since they received the second dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech/Comirnaty, Moderna, or any WHO EUL vaccines by the performance date),. Fully vaccinated patrons will be required to show proof of vaccination via their TraceTogether Apps/Token, or by producing a completed vaccination card together with a photo identification (eg NRIC, FIN, passport, student pass) before entry into the SCO Concert Hall.
(ii) Patrons who have recently recovered from COVID-19 in the past 270 days may obtain a PET Exemption Notice from any clinic offering ART or PCR testing services.
(iii) Patrons who do not meet (i) and (ii) will have to obtained a negative result on a PET (ART) taken in the past 24 hours before the expected end time of the concert. Patrons are required to take their PET test 24 hours before the expected end time of the concert; SCO will not be providing PET services. Only ART test that was administered or supervised by MOH-approved COVID-19 test providers will be recognised for admission. This excludes any self-administered ART test (i.e. self-test kit), regardless of whether they were supervised.
Do note that if you are unable to produce proof of vaccination or return a positive test result, you will not be admitted into the concert hall. You will be able to receive a refund for your ticket on a case by case basis.
Conductor: Quek Ling Kiong
Symphonic Floras, Composed by Phang Kok Jun
Ruan Kebyar, Composed by Wang Chenwei
Ruan: Ngeow Si Ming, Jonathan
Flute Concerto, Composed by Jacques Ibert, Adapted by Law Wai Lun
Flute: Rit Xu
We Soar, Composed by Wang Chenwei
The Ceilidh, Composed by Eric Watson
《阮 · 克伯牙》王辰威作曲
Single ticket - S$15
(Limit to 5 views only)