An Esplanade Commission
Reflections - An Interdisciplinary Concert
MUSA The Collective (Singapore)
Our time on earth is but a speck of dust when viewed through the lenses of infinite time..
MUSA The Collective invites you to reflect on our human experience through eight musical movements in one multisensory evening of inspiration.
Reflections is an interdisciplinary music performance centred around the reality of life that everything in it is ultimately impermanent. Featuring life stories, the intimate and paradox...
Start Sales Date
E&Me Priority Resevation
19 Jan 2021, 9am
21 Jan 2021, 9am onwards
Esplanade Box Office:
19 Jan 2021, 12 noon - 6pm
Approximately 1 hour, no intermission
Narrated in English, with Mandarin surtitles.
- There will be a live stream happening on 22 Feb 5.00pm, and rewatch will be available after the live streaming for patrons till 14 Mar 11.59pm.
- Limited to 3 Views per ticket
- Strictly no further viewing after 14 Mar 11.59pm.
- Recommended for ages 6 and above.
Vimeo is blocked in the following countries because their governments have instituted a ban on the platform:
In addition, Vimeo is prohibited by their State Department from doing business in:
Admission Rules of Esplanade:
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance.
- Infants in arms or children below the age of 6 shall not be admitted.
- Children above 6 years must purchase ticket for admission.
Late Seating Advisory
- You are strongly advised to be seated before the performance start time.
- No admission will be allowed into the venue once the performance has commenced.
- Exceptions may be made at Esplanade's discretion depending on the nature of the performance.
Photography/Video Recording Rules
- No Photography, Video recording and Audio recording is allowed for this event.
- Please note that photographs and videos of patrons may be taken at this event for use in our archival and publicity material.
Formed in mid-2015, MUSA comprises of zhongruan soloist Su-Min, guzheng soloist Su-Hui, along with composer and arranger Dayn Ng. The group believes in the creation of a new contemporary identity that is representative of Singapore's interculturalism by preserving traditional elements of Chinese music and giving it a modern twist in their music.
MUSA's original and rearrangements works can be found on their YouTube channel MUSA_sg, which has amassed more than 8 million views to date. The group has also been featured on various media outlets such as The Straits Times, Channel News Asia, Hello Singapore, 883 JIA FM. They have performed in several international events, such as for the Consulate General of the Republic of Singapore in Chennai, China-based television programmes such as Day Day Up and Chinese Music Banquet Season 2, and music festivals such as the Padang Indian Ocean Music Festival 2017 and Saarang Festival India 2019. They have previously premiered their original works at Huayi - Chinese Festival of Arts and Moonfest - A Mid-Autumn Celebration at Esplanade - Theatres on the Bay.
他们在 YouTube频道MUSA_sg上的原创和改编作品，至今已积累了超过800万的点击率。他们的作品更获多家媒体报道，如《海峡时报》、亚洲新闻台、《狮城有约》、883 JIA FM《与美香通行》。他们亦受邀为新加坡驻金奈总领事馆、中国知名电视节目《天天向上》表演，更代表新加坡参加广州广播电视台节目《国乐大点》第二季。他们也不时受邀参加音乐节，如2017年巴东印度洋音乐节和2019年印度萨朗音乐节等。除此，MUSA也是中国古筝网上的精选海外艺人，并应邀在滨海艺术中心呈献的《华艺节》和《艺满中秋》上首演了他们的原创作品。
Standard: S$38 (In-Venue)
Standard: S$15 (Online)