If you are a lover of nature, wildlife and photography, this is a unique opportunity for you to join a Masterclass Photography Experience with Jayaprakash Bojan (JP) - National Geographic Nature Photographer of the Year 2017.
This exciting photo experience is for everyone who has a DSLR / mirrorless / bridge camera.
JP will share his expertise and show you how to capture memorable and story-telling images.
Learn his approach, new skills and techniques of creating beautiful wildlife images in urban Singapore.
You will get the chance to witness and photograph t...
Start Sales Date
4 May 2021, 9am
4 May 2021, 10am
Approximately 4 Hours
As a child growing up in the heart of the Western Ghats mountain range, I woke every morning to the harmony of chirping birds. The sounds of wind against the leaves and the mellow melodies of babbling brooks provided me with a sense of pure serenity.
I am humbled by Mother Nature.
Nature shares its bounty unconditionally and in abundance.
The deep connection that I feel with the Earth inspires a sense of responsibility and dedication to promote conservation and a sustainable future.
Early on, though, I realised that words often fail me, where photos do not.
Photography enables me to share my story with the world around me.
What time and where do we meet on the day of the photo shoot?
- We will meet at 6.15 AM @ Pasir Ris Park, Car Park B.
Why do we need to start so early in the morning?
- The sunrise is usually between 6:30 to 7:15 am and Pasir Ris is one of the best places to catch the sunrise. We might even get some shots of the sunrise with some birds!
What cameras and lenses do we need for the photo shoot?
- Any DSLR, mirrorless or bridge camera with a zoom will be helpful. Most birds are wildlife and are shy so we will need to photograph them from a distance. Just in case you don’t have a zoom lens you can still join us to take some creative images.
Do we need a tripod?
- A tripod is always useful, but it is your preference.
Can we use a smartphone camera instead?
- Of course any camera is welcome but remember there are limitations to what you can achieve with a camera phone.
What else do we need to bring along?
- Wear comfortable shoes, bring a cap or hat, a water bottle and small snacks to keep you going till about 9am. There could be occasional rain so bring waterproof covers to protect your equipment.
Will the instructor be reviewing some of our images from the photo session?
- Yes, the instructor will help review and provide feedback on your photos.
Will I be able to see a lot of birds and other wildlife?
- JP has been photographing at Pasir Ris Park for the last five years and is very familiar with most wildlife there but with wildlife there are no guarantees you will see the animals mentioned in the programme. Remember it isn’t like going to the zoo!
Will there be any briefing before the day of the photo shoot?
- Yes, we will connect over Whatsapp or a Zoom call 3 days before the event.
JP has been photographing at Pasir Ris Park for the last five years and is very familiar with most wildlife there but with wildlife there are no guarantees you will see all the animals mentioned in the programme. Remember it isn’t like going to the zoo!
When we are unable to visit any of the locations indicated in the programme because of unfavourable weather conditions or other reasons, we will find alternative places in Pasir Ris Park to photograph.
As this is a Rain or Shine event, there will be no refunds or compensation.
Kindly note that all participants have to comply with COVID-19 safety requirements by wearing masks at all times and to adhere to social distancing measures.
Channel News Asia
The Straits Times
Introductory Price: S$100
Regular Price: S$150