Event is over!
This event has ended and no longer available for booking.
Join award-winning Indo-ASEAN contemporary ensemble Brahmastra as they present the world premiere of their new album, Aikyam – The Oneness.
Featuring six original compositions, the new album is an immersive musical experience that will take you through the journey of Brahmastra as they explore life’s meaning through music and the soulful connections that manifest. Enjoy a blend of music from different communities such as Indian folk, carnatic and Hindustani classical music, jazz, blues, funk, and more. This album includes the award-winning composition, Thadai Edhuvai...
Start Sales Date
Esplanade&Me Priority Booking
11 Oct 2021, 12pm
12 Oct 2021 onwards, 9am
Esplanade Box Office:
12 Oct 2021, 12 noon - 6pm
Approximately 45 minutes, with no intermission
Performed in Tamil
Admission Rules of Esplanade:
- All patrons are required to use the TraceTogether app or token via the SafeEntry Gateway. We regret that patrons who do not have the app or the token will be denied entry.
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance.
- Infants in arms or children below the age of 6 shall not be admitted.
- Children 6 years and above must purchase ticket for admission.
Late Seating Advisory
- You are strongly advised to be seated before the performance start time.
- Latecomers will be admitted during suitable breaks, if any.
- Exceptions may be made at Esplanade's discretion depending on the nature of the performance.
Photography/Video Recording Rules
- No Photography, Video recording and Audio recording is allowed for this event.
- Please note that photographs and videos of patrons may be taken at this event for use in our archival and publicity material.
Help Us Keep Everyone Safe
- Maintain safe distancing between groups.
- Keep your mask on and practice good personal hygiene.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided around the centre and in the performance venues.
- Strictly no food & beverage allowed in the performance venues.
- Esplanade reserves the right not to admit patrons who do not comply with prevailing safe management measures.
- Stay at home if you're unwell.
Led by iconic award-winning Singaporean artist Niranjan Pandian, Brahmastra is a well-recognised Indo-ASEAN contemporary ensemble that lead the way for cross-cultural performances and collaborations. Brahmastra’s unique soundscape has been featured in background scores, local and international music festivals as well as singles and EPs.
While exploring various methods to bring the ensemble’s music to the community, Brahmastra has ventured into multidisciplinary and cross-disciplinary performances while showcasing the wonders of creative expression. Brahmastra is an Alumni band from the Fusion Beats Mentorship programme in 2016 has been performing with Esplanade since then. This existing harmonious partnership has culminated in this album launch at Kalaa Utsavam 2021.
Brahmastra has also performed in Passion Arts Festival 2017, Sangae Muzhangu 2017, Mid-Autumn Festival 2021, Arts In Your Neighbourhood 2019, Culture Festival 2019, Arts In Your Neighbourhood 2021, Tamil Language Festival 2020-2021, 7th International Festival of Arts and Music 2017 (Thailand) and 8th International Festival of Arts and Music 2018 (Thailand) through a grant by the National Arts Council (Singapore). Brahmastra was also the winner of the band category in the music contest, Raga and Beyond, organised by Arte Compass and Indian Raga. Additionally, the ensemble has also been featured in Thadai Edhuvai, which received numerous international accolades, having been named as a finalist for the Best Original Song and an honourable mention for the Best Lyrics video song during the Munich Music Video Awards 2021.
As Brahmastra pushes forth to new frontiers, the ensemble often cross-collaborate while bringing communities together through their music, supported by an in-house production team. Together, they are set to launch their first-ever digital festival dedicated to the traditional and contemporary artists and musicians of Singapore, powered by the Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth and the National Youth Council.
As part of the latest safe management measures, Pre-Event Testing (PET) is compulsory for all audiences attending this performance, except for those who have completed the full vaccination against COVID-19#.
Patrons who have yet to complete their vaccination must undergo PET at any of the Ministry of Health (MOH) Approved Test Providers, or at Quick Test Centres, within 24 hours before the end of the performance, at your own cost. On-site PET is not available at Esplanade for this event.
Children aged 12 and below may be exempted from PET. Limited number of children in this age group will be admitted into the venue upon verification by our ushers at the door. This is to ensure the number of children does not exceed 20% of the total audience size.
#Full vaccination refers to:
• two weeks after the second dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech/Comirnaty, Moderna or any COVID-19 vaccines under the World Health Organisation's (WHO) emergency use list
• recovery from a COVID-19 infection
Do bring along your negative PET test result notice, photo identification, and mobile device with updated TraceTogether (TT) app or token for SafeEntry check-in. We regret that patrons who do not have their photo ID, the app or token will be denied entry. Please visit MOH website for details.