20 Nov 2019, 9am
20 Nov 2019, 10am
An Evening with Michelle Obama
Michelle Obama is one of the most iconic, inspiring and compelling women of our era.
As First Lady of the United States of America - the first African-American to serve in that role - she helped create the most welcoming and inclusive White House in history, while also establishing herself as a powerful advocate for women and girls in the U.S. and around the world.
Drawing from the intimate reflections of her powerful and best-selling memoir, Becoming, delegates will hear firsthand Mrs. Obama's experiences and events, both public and private, that have shaped her, from her childhood on the South Side of Chicago to her years as an executive balancing the demands of motherhood and work, to her years spent at the most famous address in the world.
"It's not about being perfect. It's not about where you get yourself in the end. There's power in allowing yourself to be known and heard, in owning your unique story, in using your authentic voice. And there's grace in being willing to know and hear others. This, for me, is how we become.”
We invite you to join us at An Evening with Michelle Obama.
Approximately 1 hour 30 minutes
Rating / Age Limit
- A valid ticket (provided by The Growth Faculty) must be provided to be granted entrance to the event.
- Only tickets from The Growth Faculty will be honoured.
- The Growth Faculty will manually allocate the tickets by purchase date and seating details will be sent with the ticket 2 weeks before the event.
- Children under 16 are recommended to be accompanied by an adult.
- This will be a high security event so please arrive early to allow time to get through the security procedures. There will be metal detectors and x ray machines.
- No laptops, tablets, cameras, or video cameras are permitted.
- Please be seated 15 minutes before the event start time. Latecomers will not be permitted.
- If accessible seating is required, please contact Community Manager Eliza Stanley at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Venue has an onsite carpark. For VIP ticket holders, complimentary parking is included.
Photography / Video Recording Rules
- No Photography, Video recording and Audio recording is allowed for this event.
Michelle Robinson Obama served as First Lady of the United States from 2009 to 2017, transforming the position and becoming a role model, champion and inspiration for women, families, and young people across America and around the world.
As First Lady, Mrs. Obama launched and led four key initiatives:
● Let’s Move! brought together community leaders, educators, medical professionals, parents, celebrities and others in a nationwide effort to address the challenge of childhood obesity;
As part of her continued focus on community service and engagement, Mrs. Obama joined the University of Chicago in 1996 as its Associate Dean of Student Services focused on fostering connections between the campus and community. She also served as Vice President of Community and External Affairs for the University of Chicago Medical Center.
In 2018, Michelle Obama published her memoir, Becoming, which sold more copies than any other book published in the United States in 2018, achieving that status in just 15 days and instantly rising to the #1 slot on the New York Times Best Sellers list.
Mrs. Obama was born on January 17, 1964. She married Barack Obama in 1992. They currently live in Washington, DC and have two daughters, Malia and Sasha.
Please ensure email and contact details provided are accurate upon booking. The Growth Faculty will email out tickets to delegates 2 weeks prior to the event. SISTIC will not issue any tickets upon purchase. For further clarification, please contact email@example.com