Event is over!
This event has ended and no longer available for booking.
Altenburg Arts and the Orchestra of the Music Makers (OMM) are proud to jointly present the long-awaited local debut of Singapore-born prize-winning pianist Kate Liu.
Catch international pianist Kate Liu in concert, with an eclectic programme of Stravinsky, Mozart, and Weill.
The International Chopin Piano Competition Bronze Medalist returns home to take centre stage in Mozart's dark and turbulent Piano Concerto No. 20, featuring some of the legendary composer's divinely beautiful melodies.
Music Director Chan Tze Law leads the Or...
Start Sales Date
20 Sep 2021, 9am
20 Sep 2021, 10am
Approximately 1 hour 10 minutes, no interval
Safe Management Measures
- Patrons attending the concert will have to show that they are either:
- Fully vaccinated (Have received their second dose of Pfizer-BioNTech/ Comirnaty, Moderna, or any WHO EUL vaccines by 2nd October or fully recovered from Covid-19); or
- Have a valid negative Pre-Event Testing (PET) result prior to the event.
- Children 12 years old and below are exempted from PET
- To ensure sufficient time for admission and safe distancing, please arrive at the venue at least 30 minutes before the start of the concert.
- All ticket holders are required to present their photo ID and check in to SafeEntry through either scanning the QR code using the TraceTogether App on their phone, or by presenting their TraceTogether to be scanned. Latecomers will only be admitted at suitable breaks, if any.
- Please remain in your assigned seats for the concert.
Rating / Age Limit
- Rating: General [G]
- No admission for infants in arms and children below 6 years old
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance
Late Seating Advisory:
- You are strongly advised to be seated 15 minutes before the performance start time
- No admission will be allowed into the venue once the performance has commenced
- Exceptions may be made at Esplanade's discretion depending on the nature of the performance
Photography / Video Recording Rules
- Flash Photography, Video recording and Audio recording is not allowed for this event
Pianist Kate Liu gained international acclaim after winning the Bronze Medal and Best Mazurka Prize at the 17th International Fryderyk Chopin Competition in Warsaw, Poland. She was also awarded the audience favorite prize voted by the Polish public on the Polish National Radio.
As a soloist, Kate has performed in many important venues, such as the Seoul Arts Center, Tokyo Metropolitan Theatre, Carnegie’s Weill Hall, Severance Hall in Cleveland, La Maison Symphonique de Montréal, Warsaw National Philharmonic, Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C., Shanghai Concert Hall, Osaka Symphony Hall, Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra Hall, Phillip’s Collection, and others. She has collaborated with orchestras including the Cleveland Orchestra, Warsaw Philharmonic Orchestra, Orchestre Symphonique de Montréal, Polish Radio Orchestra, Poznan Philharmonic, Yomiuri Nippon Symphony Orchestra, Daegu Symphony Orchestra, Rochester Philharmonic, Hilton Head Symphony Orchestra, and Evanston Symphony Orchestra. Her debut album of works by Chopin was released on the Fryderyk Chopin Institute label in 2016.
Born in Singapore, Kate began playing the piano when she was four years old and moved to the United States when she was eight. Her private studies then were at the Music Institute of Chicago with Emilio del Rosario, Micah Yui and Alan Chow. Early on in her career, she won 1st Prizes at the Third Asia-Pacific International Chopin Competition and the New York International Piano Competition. She received a Bachelor’s degree from the Curtis Institute of Music, and a Master’s and Artist Diploma degree from The Juilliard School under the tutelage of Robert McDonald and Yoheved Kaplinsky.
Standard : S$88, S$68, S$48, S$28, S$18
Esplanade Box : S$88
Premier Box: S$88
Restricted View: S$88, S$48, S$28