Note: Strobe lighting will be used for this performance.
By Florian Zeller
Translated by Christopher Hampton
She’s a loving wife. A devoted mother. And a woman slowly losing her grip on reality.
She is suspicious of her husband: What is he up to? Why is he so eager to go on his business trip?
She misses her son: Why did he move out of their home? What is he hiding from her?
She feels uneasy about her son’s girlfriend: Is she good for her son? Is she who she says she is?
Start Sales Date
Internet, Mobile & Hotline:
9 Aug 2021, 9am
Approximately 1 hour 30 minutes
(with no Intermission)
Rating/ Age Limit
- Rating: Advisory 16 (Some Mature Content and Coarse Language)
- Some viewers may find the language and theme disturbing.
- No admission for infants in arms and persons below 16 years old.
- Patrons 16 years and above must purchase a ticket for entry.
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance.
Safe Management Measures
- To ensure sufficient time for admission and to maintain social distancing, ticket holders are advised to arrive earlier than the scheduled performance time. Recommended arrival timings and other important information will be shared via email closer to date.
- All ticket holders are required to check in through SafeEntry by either scanning the QR code using the TraceTogether App on their phone, or by presenting their TraceTogether token to be scanned.
- Entry into the venue is by TraceTogether app or token only. No other forms of SafeEntry check-in will be accepted. Patrons who do not check-in using TraceTogether will be denied entry into the venue and tickets will be non-refundable.
Late Seating Advisory
- For the enjoyment of all audience members, all events start promptly at the time printed on the ticket.
- Please be seated 15 minutes before the performance start time.
- Late arrival may result in non-admittance until a suitable break in the performance.
Photography/ Video Recording Rules
- No Photography, Video recording or Audio recording is permitted for this event.
I bought tickets to THE MOTHER for June/July but I haven’t heard from SISTIC on the new dates. What do I do?
SISTIC has sent an email to all ticket holders with information on the new performance date and seat numbers. If you are unable to make the date you have been allocated, kindly contact SISTIC directly at 6348 5555.
What is a Pre-Event Test (PET)?
A “Pre-Event Test” refers to a COVID-19 test taken by an attendee or patron who wishes to enter a venue where selected events, businesses, or activities are being held. This attendee or patron must have a valid negative COVID-19 test result taken within a specified period of time, before being allowed to enter the venue or participate in the event, business, or activity.
What test will I be taking for PET?
You will be taking an Antigen Rapid Test (ART). ART’s quicker turnaround time gives you more assurance that your visit to the theatre will be covered by the remaining validity period of the test, after receiving the result. For info, the time from swab registration to notification of results is typically around 30 minutes for ART.
How is the Antigen Rapid Test (ART) different from PCR?
ARTs are point-of-care tests that look for proteins on the virus surface. ARTs can yield fairly accurate results within 30 mins. They involve using nasal swab from lower part of nose.
PCR tests detect the presence of viral genetic material in a sample. The process can take one to two days. This may not be feasible for pre-event testing. It can also be costly and requires trained personnel and specialised equipment to administer. Swabs are taken from the back of nose, or the back of throat.
If I have been vaccinated, am I still required to do PET?
PET will only be exempted if you have been fully vaccinated at least 14 days before the performance date you are attending.
For example: if you wish to attend our show on 14 August, you will need to have had your second dose before 31 July.
Please note that as of 30 June, Ministry of Health (MOH) has announced that patrons who received the Sinovac Covid-19 vaccine are still requried to go through PET.
I do not want to go for PET, can I still come for the show?
Under the current MOE guidelines, PET is necessary for all live performances. Please visit https://www.moh.gov.sg/covid-19/pet for details.
I have not been receiving email updates from Pangdemonium. What do I do?
Please ensure that you check the Inbox or Spam folder of the email address tied to your SISTIC account. If the email has been sent to your Spam folder, please add firstname.lastname@example.org or our email@example.com to your Email Safe Senders List, Address Book or Contact List to continue receiving Season Ticket notifications in your Inbox.
If you have further enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preview (22 Oct 2021)
Standard: S$50, S$40, S$30
Fri / Sat Evenings
Standard: S$75, S$65, S$55
Sun / Wed / Thu / Matinees
Standard: S$65, S$55, S$45
- Through all SISTIC channels
- Applicable for Cat 1 & Cat 2 only
- Not applicable to Preview Show (22 October 2021)