16 Oct 2019, 9am
Other Channels :
16 Oct 2019, 10am
A familiar-music evening to celebrate FRIENDSHIP, thru handbells, featuring music from the Disney, Contemporary, Classical, Latin, J-Fusion, Local Folk Music, while sharing the same audience space as persons with disabilities.
This concert features the award-winning MINISTRY OF BELLZ from Singapore under the baton of Principal Conductor, Mr Damien Lim, & one of the world’s best handbell ensemble, from Nagoya (Japan), the world-renowned & amazing KINJO GAKUIN UNIVERSITY HANDBELL CHOIR, under the baton of their music director, Mr Toshikazu Yoshida.
Bringing together a number of very well-known music titles & a upcoming & exciting (& unique) Traditional English Handbell Ringing art-form combined with educational bantering (linking the different styles/music/titles) with acting, multimedia & sensorial-experiences (visual-sounds-touch-hear-sight-movement) will be a totally new experience for many of our local audience, targeted at general audiences, youths, handbell-music lovers, families, foreign visitors to Singapore, special needs circle, and the media.
This is our regular handbell annual concert packed with all the "WOW!" factors. This one-off concert will also be integrated with our usual SPECIAL SENSORY EXPERIENCE, this performance will allow special accommodations to be made specially for the arts experience & enjoyment of PERSONS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS and their family members, as well as for general audiences.
Approximately 2 hours
(20 minutes interval)
Rating / Age Limit
- No admission for infants in arms and children below 4 years old.
- Patron 4 years and above must purchase a ticket for entry.
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance.
Photography / Video Recording Rules
- No Photography, Video recording and Audio recording is permitted for this event .
Click Here For BIO
“As a TRENDSETTER for handbells in Singapore, MOB shows ENERGETIC PASSION that is BEAUTIFUL to watch & INSPIRATIONAL to hear”
- Debbie Rice (USA), Executive Director, International Handbell Committee.
“ARTISTICALLY played & performed”
- Kevin Ko (Hong Kong), Artistic Director, Hong Kong (Asia) Handbell Association
“The MOB has a singular goal: MAKING STUNNING Music on Handbells”
- Dr John Hooper (Canada), SYF Adjudicator since 2008
“SINGAPORE Ensemble gives Traditional Music a Modern TWIST”
- CNA, 2007
“MOB is at the CUTTING EDGE”
- David Ruder (USA), Co-Establisher of the International Handbell Standards of Ringing
"A UNIQUE, VIBRANT and committed handbell ensemble in Singapore”
- Emily Li (Hong Kong), MOB’s Principal Guest Conductor