Carnatic vocalists Lavanya Balachandran and Shruti Anand present compositions performed and popularized in the Tamil films of yesteryear. Featuring songs such as Amba manam kanindhu (1943), Krishna mukunda murare (1944) and the iconic Kaatrinile varum geetham (1945), this unique music presentation focuses on the music from films, featuring two established vocalists who have performed regularly both locally and in India.
The music of Indian films has been heavily influenced by Indian classical music, particularly through its ideologies. This is especiall...
Start Sales Date
31 Aug 2021, 9am
Esplanade Box Office:
31 Aug 2021, 12 noon - 6pm
Approximately 1 hour 30 minutes, with no intermission
Performed in English and Tamil
Admission Rules of Esplanade:
- All patrons are required to use the TraceTogether app or token via the SafeEntry Gateway. We regret that patrons who do not have the app or the token will be denied entry.
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance.
- Infants in arms or children below the age of 6 shall not be admitted.
- Children 6 years and above must purchase ticket for admission.
Photography/Video Recording Rules
- No flash photography, unauthorised professional photography, video and audio recording is allowed for this event.
- Please note that photographs and videos of patrons may be taken at this event for use in our archival and publicity material.
Help Us Keep Everyone Safe
- Maintain safe distancing between groups.
- Keep your mask on and practice good personal hygiene.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided around the centre and in the performance venues.
- Strictly no food & beverage allowed in the performance venues.
- Unless otherwise stated, audiences are not required to go through pre-event Antigen Rapid Test.
- Esplanade reserves the right not to admit patrons who do not comply with prevailing safe management measures.
- Stay at home if you're unwell.
As part of the latest safe management measures, Pre-Event Testing (PET) is compulsory for all audiences attending this performance, except for those who have completed the full vaccination against COVID-19#.
Patrons who have yet to complete their vaccination must undergo PET at any of the Ministry of Health (MOH) Approved Test Providers, within 24 hours before the end of the performance, at your own cost. On-site PET is not available at Esplanade for this event.
Children aged 12 and below may be exempted from PET. Please book Child tickets for children in this age group. Verification will be done at the door, and strictly no admission nor refunds for patrons holding the wrong type of tickets. This is to ensure the number of children does not exceed 20% of the total audience size.
#Full vaccination refers to:
• two weeks after the second dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech/Comirnaty, Moderna or any COVID-19 vaccines under the World Health Organisation's (WHO) emergency use list
• recovered from a COVID-19 infection
Do bring along your negative PET test result notice, photo identification, and mobile device with updated TraceTogether (TT) app or token for SafeEntry check-in. We regret that patrons who do not have their photo ID, the app or token will be denied entry. Please visit MOH website for details.
- 10% savings for E&Me Black members
- 10% savings for E&Me White members
- 5% savings for E&Me Discover members (Subject to availability)
- $20 for Student (13 years and above), Senior Citizen (aged 60 years and above) and NSF
- Subject to availability