Event is over!
This event has ended and no longer available for booking.
Five people wake up in a strange place with no exit. They do not know one another, and cannot recall anything about themselves. With no knowledge of why or how they arrived at this place, they sense that it is unsafe. Whatever lurks around, is not pleasant. Will they be harmed, or will they manage to escape?
Be entranced by the mystery of Marma Medai – Theerppu (The Judgement), a new play with characters borrowed from the long-running 1960s Tamil radio play series, Marma Medai by M K Narayanan.
Playwright and director: Grace Kalaiselvi
Start Sales Date
Esplanade&Me Priority Booking
11 Oct 2021, 12pm
12 Oct 2021 onwards, 9am
Esplanade Box Office:
12 Oct 2021, 12 noon - 6pm
Approximately 1 hour 20 minutes, with no intermission
Performed in Tamil with English subtitles
Admission Rules of Esplanade:
- All patrons are required to use the TraceTogether app or token via the SafeEntry Gateway. We regret that patrons who do not have the app or the token will be denied entry.
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance.
- Infants in arms or children below the age of 16 shall not be admitted.
- Children 16 years and above must purchase ticket for admission.
Late Seating Advisory
- You are strongly advised to be seated before the performance start time.
- Latecomers will be admitted during suitable breaks, if any.
- Exceptions may be made at Esplanade's discretion depending on the nature of the performance.
Photography/Video Recording Rules
- No Photography, Video recording and Audio recording is allowed for this event.
- Please note that photographs and videos of patrons may be taken at this event for use in our archival and publicity material.
Help Us Keep Everyone Safe
- Maintain safe distancing between groups.
- Keep your mask on and practice good personal hygiene.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided around the centre and in the performance venues.
- Strictly no food & beverage allowed in the performance venues.
- Esplanade reserves the right not to admit patrons who do not comply with prevailing safe management measures.
- Stay at home if you're unwell.
- This production contains strobe lighting, sudden sound effects and coarse language.
- Please note that Marma Medai contains references to rape and sexual assault. There will also be brief mention of suicide and mental health related issues.