It’s Chinese New Year and celebrations are in full swing across post-war Singapore. Julie, daughter of a British tycoon, crashes the servants’ party downstairs. But what starts as a game descends into a fight for survival, as sex, power, money and race collide.
Playwright Amy Ng’s adaptation of August Strindberg’s Miss Julie transports us into a tumultuous era, where the disintegration of the British Empire is set against the rising consciousness of nationalism sweeping across Asia. Co-produced by Singapore Repertory Theatre and Hong Kong Arts Festival, this is a sta...
Start Sales Date
Internet & Other Channels (excluding SISTIC Authorised Agents):
19 Nov 2021, 10am
Approximately 70 minutes (no intermission)
Advisory 16 (Some Mature Content)
Singapore Repertory Theatre
Captioned Performance: 19 Feb 2022, 6pm
Captioned performances are designed to cater to d/Deaf and Hard of Hearing patrons. In a captioned performance, the actors' speech and technical cues, such as sound effects and music, will be described with text displayed on a screen(s) located near the stage. The trained captioner will operate each show live to ensure they adapt to the unique elements of each performance. Seating is specially allocated to provide an optimal view of the performance and the caption screen(s).
Please contact SRT’s Box Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 6733 8166 for more enquiries and/or ticket purchase for the Audio Described Performance and/or the Captioned Performance.
Rating / Age Limit
- Rating: Advisory 16 (Some Mature Content)
- All patrons, regardless of age, must purchase a ticket for admission. All patrons below 16 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Late Seating Advisory:
- Latecomers will be admitted at a suitable point.
Photography / Video Recording Rules
- Photography, Video recording and Audio recording are strictly prohibited during the performance.
SAFETY MEASURES IN OUR THEATRE
From 1 January 2022, there will no longer be a concession for unvaccinated individuals to perform PET in lieu of being fully vaccinated when attending a Vaccination-Differentiated Safe Management Measure (VDS) event or entering a VDS venue. The live performance of Miss Julie is considered a VDS event.
To ensure everyone’s safety and well-being, the following measures will be in place at KC Arts Centre: TraceTogether, SafeEntry, physical distancing, limiting audience numbers and cleaning and disinfection before and after every performance.
All patrons are required to use the TraceTogether app or to bring their TraceTogether token in order to enter the venue.
Previews (25 & 26 Jan 6pm):
Standard: S$55, S$50, S$45
Tue - Thu 6pm & 9pm:
Standard: S$65, S$60, S$55
Fri & Sat, 6pm & 9pm:
Standard: S$70, S$65, S$60
Sun, 3pm & 6pm:
Standard: S$65, S$60, S$55
- Discount applicable with purchase of four tickets
- Applicable for ALL performances
- Applicable from 20 Dec 2021 onwards
- Through SISTIC Internet and Hotline
- Limited tickets available for the 2 and 8 Feb performances.
- Patrons must be Singapore citizens
- Patrons must be aged 15 years to 25 years old
- Limited to two tickets per transaction
Contact Carolyn at email@example.com for information on exclusive discounts and other corporate/ group benefits.