Event is over!
This event has ended and no longer available for booking.
Want to record yourself but don’t know where or how to start?
Come attend this workshop and let recording engineer Steven Cheong explain the basics of home recording for singers. In this workshop, Cheong will introduce and explain the various types of microphones that can be used for home recordings, give tips on proper microphone techniques and cover the fundamentals of mixing and processing.
Start Sales Date
9 Nov 2021, 9am onwards
Esplanade Box Office:
9 Nov 2021 onwards, 12pm - 6pm
Approximately 1 hour 30 minutes, no intermission
Conducted in English
Admission Rules of Esplanade:
- All patrons are required to use the TraceTogether app or token via the SafeEntry Gateway. We regret that patrons who do not have the app or the token will be denied entry.
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance.
- Infants in arms or children below the age of 6 shall not be admitted.
- Children 6 years and above must purchase ticket for admission.
Late Seating Advisory
- You are strongly advised to be seated before the performance start time.
- Latecomers will be admitted during suitable breaks, if any.
- Exceptions may be made at Esplanade's discretion depending on the nature of the performance.
Photography/Video Recording Rules
- No photography, video and audio recording is allowed for this event.
- Please note that photographs and videos of patrons may be taken at this event for use in our archival and publicity material.
Help Us Keep Everyone Safe
- Maintain safe distancing between groups.
- Keep your mask on and practice good personal hygiene.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided around the centre and in the performance venues.
- Strictly no food & beverage allowed in the performance venues.
- Esplanade reserves the right not to admit patrons who do not comply with prevailing safe management measures.
- Stay at home if you're unwell.
Steven Cheong is a freelance sound engineer and has been in the industry for over 20 years.
He also lectures part-time at Ngee Ann Polytechnic. He has a home studio where he does many recordings for groups and individuals alike. Passionate about music and the arts; he has covered different genres of music ranging from classical orchestra works to rock bands.
As part of the latest safe management measures, Pre-Event Testing (PET) is compulsory for all audiences attending this performance, except for those who have completed the full vaccination against COVID-19#
Patrons who have yet to complete their vaccination must undergo PET at any of the Ministry of
Health (MOH) Approved Test Providers or Quick Test Centres, within 24 hours before the end of the performance, at your own cost. On-site PET is not available at Esplanade for this event.
Children aged 12 and below may be exempted from PET. Limited number of children in this age group will be admitted into the venue upon verification by our ushers at the door. This is to ensure the number of children does not exceed 20% of the total audience size.
#Full vaccination refers to:
• two weeks after the second dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech/Comirnaty, Moderna or any COVID-19 vaccines under the World Health Organisation's (WHO) emergency use list
• recovery from a COVID-19 infection
Do bring along your negative PET test result notice, photo identification, and mobile device with updated TraceTogether (TT) app or token for SafeEntry check-in. We regret that patrons who do not have their photo ID, the app or token will be denied entry. Please visit MOH website for details.