Hear There, Everywhere is a multi-speaker spatial audio experience featuring choral works from Ily Matthew Maniano and Muziksea.
As choral performances are far and few during the pandemic, this showcase aims to reimagine the experience of listening to a choir performance through special placement of speakers around the Annexe Studio space and specified playback of layers from the recorded pieces.
Audiences can expect to be surrounded by voices around and above them, as sound travels from one speaker to another during parts of the showcase.
Registration Start Date
9 Nov 2021, 9am onwards
Esplanade Box Office:
9 Nov 2021 onwards, 12pm - 6pm
Approximately 15 minutes, no intermission
Admission Rules of Esplanade:
- All patrons are required to use the TraceTogether app or token via the SafeEntry Gateway. We regret that patrons who do not have the app or the token will be denied entry.
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance.
- Infants in arms or children below the age of 6 shall not be admitted.
- Children 6 years and above must purchase ticket for admission.
Late Seating Advisory
- You are strongly advised to be seated before the performance start time.
- Latecomers will be admitted during suitable breaks, if any.
- Exceptions may be made at Esplanade's discretion depending on the nature of the performance.
Photography/Video Recording Rules
- No photography, video and audio recording is allowed for this event.
- Please note that photographs and videos of patrons may be taken at this event for use in our archival and publicity material.
Help Us Keep Everyone Safe
- Maintain safe distancing between groups.
- Keep your mask on and practice good personal hygiene.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided around the centre and in the performance venues.
- Strictly no food & beverage allowed in the performance venues.
- Esplanade reserves the right not to admit patrons who do not comply with prevailing safe management measures.
- Stay at home if you're unwell.
PandaMachine is the moniker for musician Eugene Soh, a guitarist, singer and composer based in Singapore. His style is largely centered around modern takes of historical genres with references to rock, ambient and electronic music. Soh also creates analog style video processing as an added texture to his musical works.
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pandamachine
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/eugenocide/
Ily Matthew Maniano is a sought-after composer both in the Philippines and in the international choral scene today. His works have been performed in prestigious choral competitions and festivals all over the world and have been recorded by some of the world’s best choirs and Grammy award winning groups like the King’s Singers & the Swingles, to name a few. A 2017 Polyphonos Composition Competition Young Composer Winner (Seattle, USA), and a finalist at the First Jean Sibelius Composition Competition (Hämeenlinna, Finland 2014). Maniano studied Music Education at the University of the Philippines College of Music. An alumnus, resident arranger and composer for the Philippine Madrigal Singers, Male Ensemble Philippines and the Manila Chamber Singers. Founder and the artistic director of SONOS | Voices of Hope, and facilitates OPUS - an online choral writing class. In pursuit of choral excellence, his works continue to reflect and set an exciting new set of standards that elevate the musical artistry and creativity of today's dynamic choral industry.
SONOS, simply put, is from the Latin word Sonus, which means “sound.” Sonos is a gathering of singers from various countries, with various backgrounds, bound primarily by one unifying gift: music. that the group promotes unity and understanding over and beyond diversities. Sonos, a palindrome that when read backwards will still read the same way, the group posits, no matter where they come from or whatever inclinations they may have, they still produce the same sound: that sound of the very same longings and fears, similar need for belonging, acceptance, love.
All patrons are required to use the TraceTogether app or token via the SafeEntry Gateway. We regret that patrons who do not have the app or the token will be denied entry.
For audiences who have registered, please note:
• Registered participants have priority entry to the venue.
• Registration will be available in single seats, but participants may choose to attend alone or in pairs.
• Seating will be assigned by our Esplanade ushers, on a first-come, first-served basis.
• Please arrive 5mins before the start of the performance to confirm your booking.
• Unconfirmed slots will be released to walk-in patrons on a first-come, first-served basis.
Free by registration