In a Singapore where dialects have been losing relevance for generations, Grandmother Tongue traces a young man's struggle to connect with his 84-year-old Teochew-speaking grandmother.
He teaches her to use a mobile phone. He helps her buy her favourite brand of soya sauce. He visits her in hospital after a fall. Along the way, he begins to understand just what it means to spend decades in linguistic and cultural exile.
Back by popular demand after two sell-out runs, Thomas Lim's funny, insightful play examines the social costs of our ...
Start Sales Date
Priority for Angels
21 Dec 2020, 9am
21 Dec 2020, 10am
24 Dec 2020, 12am
24 Dec 2020, 10am
Approximately 1 hour 15 minutes
with no interval
Rating / Age Limit
- IMDA Advisory: Advisory 16 (Some Mature Content and Coarse Language)
- No admission for patrons below 12 years old.
- Patrons 12 years and above must purchase ticket for entry.
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance.
Late Seating Advisory
- Please arrive at the time indicated on your e-ticket.
- Late admission may only be permitted during a suitable pause, depending on the nature of the performance.
Photography / Video Recording Rules
- No Photography, Video recording and Audio recording is permitted for this event
The health and safety of our audiences, cast and colleagues remains Wild Rice’s priority. To ensure you feel secure and comfortable at all times, we are closely following the government’s health guidelines throughout our venue.
With your cooperation, we will be implementing the following safety measures:
- Temperature Screening
- TraceTogether Enabled*
- Face Masks Required
- Distanced Seating
- Hand Sanitisers Available
- Regular Cleaning
- Antimicrobial Shield
Standard: S$60, S$50, S$40