Gala & Main Shows:
Gala: 8 September 2021 8pm
Main Shows: 9 September 2021 5pm & 8pm
Vivaldi's Venice and Singapore share many similar attributes: they are both maritime powers, the summers are scorching and humid, and more mundanely... the presence of annoying mosquitoes.
Red Dot Baroque has commissioned an exquisite poem by locally-based Venetian poet Sara Florian for this occasion. Reflecting on the parallel and contrasting worlds of Singapore and Venice, Dr Florian's verses are inspired by the sonnets in Vivaldi's F...
Start Sales Date
22 Jul 2021, 9am
22 Jul 2021, 10am
Approximately 1 hour, no interval
Rating / Age Limit
- Rating: General
- No admission for infants in arms and children below 4 years old
- Children 4 years and above must purchase ticket for entry
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance
Late Seating Advisory
- Please be seated 15 minutes before the performance start time.
- Admission may only be permitted during a suitable pause, depending on the nature of the performance.
Photography / Video Recording Rules
- Photography without flash is allowed
- No video recording and audio recording is allowed for this event.
Inspired by the richness of Baroque music and close friendships, Red Dot Baroque (RDB) was formed by a group of Singaporean musicians dedicated to bringing out the essence and spirit of the Baroque on period instruments. Led by Alan Choo, rotating concertmaster of the Grammy Award-winning Apollo’s Fire Baroque Orchestra, RDB has presented numerous critically-acclaimed programmes in Singapore since 2018, and collaborated with guest soloists from The Netherlands for their first international tour to Malaysia in July 2019.
The COVID-19 pandemic led to the postponement of RDB’s USA concert tour in June 2020, which would have featured appearances at the Kennedy Center, the Indianapolis Early Music Festival, Apollo’s Fire and more. Nevertheless, the group stayed busy in Singapore with the production of four high-quality music videos, the commission of “A Barojak Suite” from composer Phang Kok Jun, vodcasts with the Singapore International Festival of Arts, Reflections Arts Festival and MapleTree Arts in the City, and appearances on Channel NewsAsia, zbNOW and vOilah! 2020.
Since 2021, the group has been named Ensemble-in-Residence at the Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music. That same summer, RDB made their virtual debut at the Boston Early Music Festival Fringe Series and the Indianapolis Early Music Festival 2021. For details and updates, please visit www.reddotbaroque.com and the group's YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Spotify pages!
Standard: S$120 (Gala Night), S$40 (Main Show), S$25 (Outreach Show)
- Applicable to all shows except for Gala Night, 8 September 2021 8pm.
- Verification: Present valid Student Pass / ID / SAF 11B (Military IC).
- Please note that random checks on concession tickets will be conducted at the point of entry.
- Patrons unable to present proof of eligilibilty are required to upgrade their concession tickets to full price tickets.
- Valid from 22 Jul 2021 onwards.