From Singapore’s leading dance company who brings you the annual Ballet Under the Stars comes a triple-bill of neo-classical ballet and contemporary works set against the stunning backdrop of the Marina Bay. Returning to da:ns festival after seven years, the Singapore Dance Theatre (SDT) will perform on the Esplanade Outdoor Theatre stage for the first time in a showcase of delicate duets and spirited ensemble pieces.
The evening opens with Piano Concerto No 2, Opus 102, created for SDT by renowned choreographer Edmund Stripe, an uplifting neo-classical piece th...
Start Sales Date
E&Me Priority Booking
19 Aug 2021, 9am
20 Aug 2021, 9am
Esplanade Box Office:
20 Aug, 12 noon - 6pm
Approximately 1 hour 10 minutes, with no intermission
Admission Rules of Esplanade:
- All patrons are required to do SafeEntry check-in at the venue via the TraceTogether app or token only. Other modes of SafeEntry check-in will not be accepted from 24 Apr 2021. To ensure a smooth entry, please download the TraceTogether app ahead of the performance if you have not already done so. We regret that patrons who do not have the app or the token will be denied entry.
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance.
- Infants in arms or children below the age of 6 shall not be admitted.
- Children 6 years and above must purchase ticket for admission.
Late Seating Advisory
- You are strongly advised to be seated before the performance start time.
- Latecomers will be admitted during suitable breaks, if any.
Photography/Video Recording Rules
- No flash photography, unauthorised professional photography, video and audio recording is allowed for this event.
- Please note that photographs and videos of patrons may be taken at this event for use in our archival and publicity material.
Help Us Keep Everyone Safe
- Maintain safe distancing between groups.
- Keep your mask on and practice good personal hygiene.
- Temperature screening is implemented at all entrances.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided around the centre and in the performance venues.
- Strictly no food & beverage allowed in the performance venues.
- Unless otherwise stated, audiences are not required to go through pre-event Antigen Rapid Test.
- Esplanade reserves the right not to admit patrons who do not comply with prevailing safe management measures.
- Stay at home if you're unwell.
Founded in 1988 by Goh Soo Khim and Anthony Then, Singapore Dance Theatre is a homegrown premier dance company comprising of 35 professional dancers, apprentices and trainees. The company produces six seasons annually, highlights of which include the widely popular outdoor dance event Ballet Under the Stars at the Fort Canning Park, two full-length classics, Masterpiece in Motion, which brings together three works by international choreographers, as well as Passages, a contemporary dance showcase.
The company’s repertoire ranges from classical to contemporary ballet, with pieces created by renowned choreographers including Choo-San Goh, George Balanchine, Lucas Jervies, Kinsun Chan, Val Caniparoli, Ma Cong, Edmund Stripe, Natalie Weir, Edwaard Liang, Nils Christe, Toru Shimazaki, Christina Chan, Timothy Harbour, François Klaus, Tim Rushton and Loughlan Prior.
Under the leadership of Artistic Director Janek Schergen, the company has made new strides in the international and Singapore dance arena, adding 31 world premieres, 19 company premieres and new productions to their repertoire, in addition to their frequent revivals of existing works.
In 2013, SDT moved to a new premise in Bugis+ with four state-of-the-art studios. Additionally, the company has yearlong education and outreach programmes to nurture the appreciation of dance in Singapore.
This pilot trial performance is subject to change, based on prevailing safe management measures.
As part of the safe management measures, Pre-Event Testing (PET) is compulsory for all audiences attending this performance, except for those who are fully vaccinated#. Children aged 12 and below may be exempted from PET. Please book Student tickets for children in this age group. Verification will be done at the door, and strictly no admission nor refunds for patrons holding the wrong type of tickets. This is to ensure the number of children does not exceed 20% of the total audience size.
#Full vaccination refers to:
• two weeks after the second dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech/Comirnaty, Moderna or any COVID-19 vaccines under the World Health Organisation's (WHO) emergency use list
• recovered from a COVID-19 infection
Patrons who have not completed the full vaccination can register for their on-site PET at Esplanade in advance (available only for selected performances), at no cost to you. Details to be provided to ticket holders closer to show date.
Do bring along your negative PET test result notice, photo identification, and mobile device with updated TraceTogether (TT) app or token for SafeEntry check in. We regret that patrons who do not have their photo ID, the app or token will be denied entry. For details, please click here.
- 15% savings for E&Me Black members
- 15% savings for E&Me White members
- 10% savings for E&Me Discover members (Subject to availability)
- $30 for Student, Senior Citizen (aged 60 years and above) and NSF
- Subject to availability