All Channels :
1 Oct 2019, 10am
Singapore National Youth Orchestra
Peter Stark, conductor
Ng Pei-Sian, cello
MALCOLM ARNOLD Four Cornish Dances
EDWARD ELGAR Cello Concerto in E minor, Op. 85
SERGEI PROKOFIEV Symphony No. 5 in B-flat major, Op. 100
Singapore Symphony Orchestra’s Principal Cellist, Ng Pei-Sian, joins the Singapore National Youth Orchestra as soloist in Elgar’s Cello Concerto. Written in 1919, the Concerto is one of Elgar’s best-loved works. Alongside the Concerto are two other stylistically distinct 20th-century masterpieces. Opening the concert is Malcolm Arnold’s Four Cornish Dances depicting the history, traditions and character of Cornwall in the southwesternmost region of the United Kingdom. Prokofiev’s Fifth Symphony, written as a musical celebration to the end of the Second World War, rounds off this programme. The composer himself said of this heroic and joyous work, “I wanted to sing the praises of the free and happy human being—of such a person’s strength, generosity and purity of soul.” This concert is conducted by the SNYO’s Principal Guest Conductor Peter Stark.
Approximately 2 hours
(20 minutes interval)
Rating / Age Limit
Esplanade Rules of Esplanade:
- Children must be age 5 and above to be admitted into the hall.
- Children under 5 will not be admitted into the hall, even with a ticket.
- Parents or guardians of children admitted are strongly encouraged to purchase aisle seats.
- We reserve the right to ask parents to bring children out of the hall should they be disruptive during the performance.
- No admission without a ticket.
Late Seating Advisory:
- You are strongly advised to be seated 15 minutes before the performance start time.
- No admission will be allowed into the venue once the performance has commenced.
- Exceptions may be made at Esplanade's discretion depending on the nature of the performance.
Photography / Video Recording Rules
- Non-flash photography is allowed during bows and applause. No photography when artistes are performing.
- Unauthorised video recordings are strictly not allowed.
Through Internet only
10% Discount for Friends Season Pass holders / Gold Friends Season Pass holders.
[ Verification: enter password online. ]
Through All SISTIC Channels
S$10 per ticket for Students, Senior Citizens (55 years old & above), NSFs and Persons with Disabilities (PWD).
Full-Time students with valid student pass.
NSF personnel with valid SAF 11B (Military IC)
Concession tickets are non-transferable. Please note that random checks on concession tickets will be conducted at the point of entry.
Patrons unable to present proof of eligibility are required to upgrade their concession tickets to full price tickets.
[ Valid for Cat 2 only ]
S$10 per ticket for Student Group with a minimum of 4 tickets.
[ Valid for Cat 2 only. ]
For corporate and school group bookings, please contact our Customer Experience team at 6602 4245 or firstname.lastname@example.org