Masters’ Replay Concert: 19 Dec 2021. Sun, 3pm. 1hr, no intermission.
Prize Presentation Concert: 19 Dec 2021. Sun, 7.30pm. 2hrs, no intermission.
Venue: Esplanade Recital Studio
Digital concerts will be available on SISTIC live till 31 December 2021.
Ding Yi Music Company presents two concerts that spotlight the best of new and contemporary works in the international Chinese chamber music scene, conducted by Principal Guest Conductor Quek Ling Kiong and Assistant Conductor Wong De Li Dedric.
Start Sales Date
18 Nov 2021, 9am onwards
Esplanade Box Office:
18 Nov 2021 onwards, 12pm - 6pm
Masters’ Replay Concert
Approximately 1 hour, no intermission
Prize Presentation Concert
Approximately 2 hours, no intermission
Performed in Mandarin
Admission Rules of Esplanade:
- All patrons are required to do SafeEntry check-in at the venue via the TraceTogether app or token only. We regret that patrons who do not have the app or the token will be denied entry.
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance.
- Infants in arms or children below the age of 6 shall not be admitted.
- Children 6 years and above must purchase ticket for admission.
Photography/Video Recording Rules
- Photography, video and audio recording is allowed before and after performance.
- Please note that photographs and videos of patrons may be taken at this event for use in our archival and publicity material.
Help Us Keep Everyone Safe
- Maintain safe distancing between groups.
- Keep your mask on and practice good personal hygiene.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided around the centre and in the performance venues.
- Strictly no food & beverage allowed in the performance venues.
- Esplanade reserves the right not to admit patrons who do not comply with prevailing safe management measures.
- Stay at home if you're unwell.
- Online via SISTIC Live
- Rating: G
- Limited to 3 Views per ticket
- Available for viewing till 31 Dec 2021, 10pm.
The Masters’ Replay Concert showcases a series of specially curated representative works by Composium 2021’s final round adjudicators. Uncover the musical visions that brought these internationally renowned composers of Chinese chamber music to where they are today.
Eric Watson (Singapore)
罗伟伦Law Wai Lun (Singapore)
王建民Wang Jian Min (China)
秦文琛Qin Wen Chen (China)
陈怡Chen Yi (USA)
钟启荣Chong Kee Yong (Malaysia)
罗伟伦 Law Wai Lun（新加坡）
王建民 Wang Jian Min（中国）
秦文琛 Qin Wen Chen（中国）
陈怡 Chen Yi（美国）
钟启荣 Chong Kee Yong（马来西亚）
The fourth edition of Composium 2021 has witnessed the latest Chinese chamber music creations from composers across the globe. All nine finalist compositions will be performed live by Ding Yi Music Company at the Prize Presentation Concert.
This year’s composition competition revolves around two themes — Chinese Festivals and Customs (Category A) and Life Sentiments (Category B1 and B2). Category A encourages composers to develop their own interpretations of festivities such as Chinese New Year, Mid-Autumn Festival and Winter Solstice, whereas Categories B1 and B2 invite contemplation and personal insights on modern life in the face of a global pandemic.
Delve into our finalist composers’ inner worlds and hear their refreshing takes on these two themes at Composium 2021 this December. Audiences also get a chance to vote for their favourite works under the Audience Award.
Category A (Full Ensemble of 15 Musicians)
Twinkling of Bonfire Night
By: Zhou Jia Ying (China)
The Rhythm of Lv Opera VI – ‘New Year Pictures’
By: Liu Yu Hui (China)
Chilly Autumn with Misshapen Beauty Moon
By: Cheng Kuang-Chih (Taiwan)
Category B1 (Small Ensemble of 6 Musicians)
Ode on the Spring
By: Zhang Yi Meng (China)
Sitting Together Among the White Clouds
By: Liu Peng (China)
By: Xie Qin Wei (China)
Category B2 (Small Ensemble of 6 Musicians)
By: Ding Jian Han (Singapore)
By: He Jia Ning (China)
By: Zhang Zhi Liang (China)
今年，鼎艺团特别推出全新的创作主题，分别为“中华文化节庆和习俗”（组别A ）以及近期以抗疫而深受启发的 “感悟生命” （组别B1和B2）。两项主题皆为提倡华乐室内乐至国际化，在扎根传统的当儿，继续让华乐室内乐发扬光大。
作曲家: 周嘉颖 Zhou Jia Ying（中国）
作曲家: 刘豫徽 Liu Yu Hui（中国）
作曲家: 郑光智 Cheng Kuang-Chih（台湾）
作曲家: 张以萌 Zhang Yi Meng（中国）
作曲家: 刘鹏 Liu Peng（中国）
作曲家: 谢琴伟 Xie Qin Wei（中国）
作曲家: 陈建翰 Ding Jian Han （新加坡）
作曲家: 何佳宁 He Jia Ning （中国）
作曲家: 张志亮 Zhang Zhi Liang （中国）
Composium 2021 is the fourth Singapore International Composition Competition that aims to cultivate an international awareness of Chinese chamber ensembles and their music.
Led by Ding Yi Music Company from 17 Dec — 19 Dec, the triennial composition festival comprises three segments which include a composition competition, a series of symposiums and two live concerts. Through such efforts, the company hopes to provide a platform for composers of all nationalities and ages to write music and establish a wide repertoire of Chinese chamber works.
In light of ongoing pandemic restrictions, Ding Yi Music Company is launching the first ever hybrid Composium. All events including adjudication will be done virtually and/or with live audiences where permissible to facilitate exchanges amongst international composers and musicians.
View the full Composium programme here: https://www.dingyimusic.com/composium2021
《作弹会 2021》宗旨为提高国际乐坛对华乐室内乐作品及作曲家的认知。本届《作弹会 2021》将首次在现场及线上同步进行，让本地和海外的参赛作曲家及观众不受地区的限制，都能参与此次活动。
Established in 2007, Ding Yi Music Company is Singapore’s most prodigious Chinese chamber music ensemble and a coterie of accomplished Chinese instrumentalists that trademark Singapore Chinese chamber music in the traditional and contemporary field. The ensemble has captivated audiences with its distinctive approach to music-making and dedication to showcasing a vast repertoire that ranges from traditional Chinese music to contemporary interpretations and cross-genre works. For more information, please visit www.dingyimusic.com.
As part of the safe management measures, Pre-Event Testing (PET) is compulsory for all audiences attending this performance, except for those who are fully vaccinated#. Children aged 12 and below may be exempted from PET. Please book “Student (12years and below)” tickets for children in this age group. Verification will be done at the door, and strictly no admission nor refunds for patrons holding the wrong type of tickets. This is to ensure the number of children does not exceed 20% of the total audience size.
#Full vaccination refers to:
• two weeks after the second dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech/Comirnaty, Moderna or any COVID-19 vaccines under the World Health Organisation's (WHO) emergency use list
• recovery from a COVID-19 infection
Do bring along your negative PET test result notice, photo identification, and mobile device with updated TraceTogether (TT) app or token for SafeEntry check-in. We regret that patrons who do not have their photo ID, the app or token will be denied entry. For details, please click here.
Live stream: S$12
- 10% savings for E&Me Black members
- 10% savings for E&Me White members
- 10% discount for Student, Senior Citizen (aged 60 years and above) and NSF
- Applicable to in-venue concert only
- Verification: Present valid student ID/IC/SAF11B
- Please note that random checks on concession tickets will be conducted at the point of entry
- Patrons unable to present proof of eligibility are required to upgrade their concession tickets to full price tickets
- Subject to availability
- 15% Discount for OCBC Arts Platinum Card
- Applicable when using OCBC Arts Platinum Card to purchase
- 10% Discount for OCBC Credit/Debit Card
- Applicable when using OCBC Credit/Debit Card to purchase
- 15% Discount for PAssion Card Members
- Verification: Quote the first 4 digits of your PAssion Card Number upon purchase
- 10% Discount for SAFRA Card
- Verification: Quote valid password upon purchase