The symposium will examine some of the innovations to the ancient art form of Bharatanatyam in contemporary times, particularly those that are relevant to the younger generation of practitioners and diverse audiences. The curated topics will cover several key elements of the dance form, including choreography, pedagogy, music composition, ensemble work and abhinaya. The symposium will include two panel discussions: Curating Indian Classical Dance for Festivals and Audience Experience of Bharatanatyam. The presenters from Singapore have been mentored by the faculty of Indian Perform...
Start Sales Date
6 Dec 2021, 3pm onwards
Esplanade Box Office:
6 Dec 2021 onwards, 3pm - 6pm
Approximately 7 hours, with 1 hour 15 minutes intermission
Performed in English
Admission Rules of Esplanade:
- All patrons are required to do SafeEntry check-in at the venue via the TraceTogether app or token only. We regret that patrons who do not have the app or the token will be denied entry.
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance.
- Infants in arms or children below the age of 13 shall not be admitted.
- Children 13 years and above must purchase ticket for admission.
Photography/Video Recording Rules
- Photography, video and audio recording is allowed before and after performance.
- Please note that photographs and videos of patrons may be taken at this event for use in our archival and publicity material.
Help Us Keep Everyone Safe
- Maintain safe distancing between groups.
- Keep your mask on and practice good personal hygiene.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided around the centre and in the performance venues.
- Strictly no food & beverage allowed in the performance venues.
- Esplanade reserves the right not to admit patrons who do not comply with prevailing safe management measures.
- Stay at home if you're unwell.
- Online via SISTIC Live
- Rating: G
- Limited to 3 Views per ticket
- Available for viewing till 13 Feb 2022, 11.59pm.
From 1 Jan 2022, there will no longer be a concession for unvaccinated individuals to perform Pre-Event Testing in lieu of being fully vaccinated. All patrons (except for children aged 12 and below) need to be fully vaccinated# against COVID-19.
#Full vaccination refers to:
• having received the appropriate regimen of World Health Organisation Emergency Use Listing (WHO EUL) vaccines including their respective duration post-vaccination for the vaccine to be fully effective, and had their vaccination records ingested in MOH’s national IT systems
• recovery from a COVID-19 infection within the last 180 days
All patrons are required to do SafeEntry check-in at the venue via the TraceTogether app (version 2.11 and above) or token only. Other modes of SafeEntry check-in will not be accepted.
Live stream: S$20