2 Jul 2018, 9am
2 Jul 2018, 10am
7 Fantasies Op. 116
Sonata in C minor Hob XVI: 20
7 Bagatelles Op. 33
Sonata in E-flat major Hob XVI: 52
ABOUT THE EVENT
Paul Lewis continues his exploration of the musical brilliance of Haydn's innovative Sonatas, Beethoven's bagatelles, and Brahms' fantasies.
ABOUT PAUL LEWIS
‘The pianist combined muscularity, tenderness and intelligence with unshowy dexterity to create interpretations of great insight and power.’ – The Guardian
Paul Lewis is internationally regarded as one of the leading musicians of his generation. His numerous accolades include two Edison awards, three Gramophone awards, the Royal Philharmonic Society's Instrumentalist of the Year award, the Diapason d'Or de l'année, The South Bank Show's Classical Music Award, and the Accademia Musicale Chigiana International Prize. In 2016, Mr. Lewis was appointed Commander of the British Empire in the Queen's Birthday Honours list. He holds honorary doctorate degrees from University of Southampton and Edge Hill University.
Approximately 2 Hours
(with an 15min interval)
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance.
- Infants in arms or children below the age of 6 shall not be admitted.
- Children above 6 years must purchase ticket for admission.
Photography/Video Recording Rules
- No Flash Photography, Video recording and Audio recording is allowed for this event.
- Please note that photographs and videos of patrons may be taken at this event for use in our archival and publicity material.
Through All SISTIC Channels
10% Discount for Bundle Discount (min 4 tickets)
[Applicable with minimum purchase of 4 tickets per transaction]
[Applicable from 2 Jul 2018 onwards]