3 Oct 2017, 9am
Other Channels :
3 Oct 2017, 10am
The finale concert of the 5th WBAS Youth Band Festival showcases young musicians ranging from primary schools to tertiary institutions. Handpicked via auditions prior to the Festival, these outstanding young talents experience a week of music making in a dynamic and exciting setting where they are mentored by professional musicians and are led by conductors Mdm Tan Soh Hwa, ME4 Ignatius Wang and Prof Mark Heron from UK.
Programme for the evening range from popular wind band works such as Robert Sheldon’s Choreography, to advanced works like Frank Ticheli’s Symphony no. 2. Join the band on an adventure to 19th Century Southern America in Franco Ceserini’s Huckleberry Finn Suite, depicting scenes from Mark Twain’s novel.
A special highlight for the evening would be our tribute to young Singaporean composers, Wong Kah Chun and Dax Wilson, composers for Stars of Tomorrow and Landscape of Dreams respectively.
Approximately 2 hours
20 minutes interval)
Rating / Age Limit
Admission Rules of Esplanade :
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance.
- Infants in arms or children below the age of 6 shall not be admitted.
- Children 6 years must purchase ticket for admission.
Late Seating Advisory
- You are strongly advised to be seated 15 minutes before the performance start time.
- No admission will be allowed into the venue once the performance has commenced.
- Exceptions may be made at Esplanade's discretion depending on the nature of the performance.
Photography / Video Recording Rules
- No Flash Photography, Video recording and Audio recording is allowed for this event.
Through All SISTIC Channels
S$12 per ticket for WYBF Participants
[Verification: Quote valid password upon purchase]