Event is over!
This event has ended and no longer available for booking.
Written for the phenomenal Martin Grubinger, The Tears of Nature is a percussion concerto by prominent contemporary Chinese composer Tan Dun, celebrating the human spirit in its endeavour to live, fight and dance with nature. The SSO will also perform Rachmaninoff’s soulful Third Symphony, music of nostalgic melancholy with a tantalising whiff of modernity.
Darrell Ang, conductor (Tan Dun)
Joshua Tan, conductor (Rachmaninoff)
Martin Grubinger, percussion
TAN DUN The Tears of Nature
RACHMANINOFF Symphony No. 3 in A minor, Op. 44...
Start Sales Date
Priority sales for Season Pass redemptions
17 Apr 2019, 10am
24 Apr 2019, 10am
Internet and hotline sales for this event closes 1 hour before show time on event day. Please proceed to any SISTIC authorised agent for ticketing assistance.
Approximately 2 hours
Rating/ Age Limit
- Children must be age 7 and above to be admitted into the hall.
- Children under 7 will not be admitted into the hall, even with a ticket.
- Please bring along proof of child’s age, such as a student concession pass, as random checks may be conducted at the venue.
- Parents or guardians of children admitted are strongly encouraged to purchase aisle seats.
- We reserve the right to ask parents to bring children out of the hall should they be disruptive during the performance.
- No admission without a ticket.
- You are strongly advised to be seated 15 minutes before the performance start time.
- Latecomers will only be admitted at appropriate pauses during the show or during intermission, if any.
Photography/ Video Recording Rules
- Non-flash photography is allowed during bows and applause. No photography when artistes are performing.
- Unauthorised video recordings are strictly not allowed.
Standard: S$88, S$68, S$48, S$38, S$28, S$15