25 Sep 2017, 9am.
Other Channels :
25 Sep 2017, 10am.
An audacious theatrical experiment
Iranian writer, Nassim Soleimanpour, wrote White Rabbit Red Rabbit to connect himself with the world at a time when he was forbidden to travel out of Iran. This internationally acclaimed production has since been translated into 15 languages and has been performed over 200 times all around the world.
At the heart of this play, is the idea of the playwright trying to speak to the audience about his terrifying and personal exploration of individual freedom – manipulating the performer with his transformative script.
The one-woman show will feature Sapna Rao in her theatre debut.
A performer is handed a script in a sealed envelope in front of an audience. The actor opens the envelope and reads the play for the very first time (out loud) to a live audience - taking the plunge into the unknown, bringing the audience on an intimate journey, unrehearsed and undirected.
White Rabbit, Red Rabbit is a potent reminder of the transgressive power of theatre.
This will be a one-night only not-to-be-missed event.
Proceeds from this performance will go to SRT’s SOS (Save Our Shakespeare Campaign).
Over 10 years, Singapore Repertory Theatre has staged 9 of Asia's largest Shakespeare in the Park productions, enthralling some 250,000 people at the magical atmosphere created at Fort Canning Park.
To put up yet another spectacular Shakespeare in the Park in 2018, we need help to raise funds towards the cost of staging this production.
Thank you for your time, effort and continued support of the arts.
Approximately 70 minutes
Rating / Age Limit
- Rating: Advisory 16 (Some Mature Content and Coarse Language)
- No admission for infants in arms and person below 16 years old.
- Patron 16 years and above must purchase a ticket for entry.
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance.
- Strictly no admission without ticket.
Late Seating Advisory:
- Please be seated 15 minutes before the performance start time.
- Latecomers will not be admitted.
Photography / Video Recording Rules
- No Photography, Video recording and Audio recording is allowed for this event.
- There is a glass panel in front of Row AA at the Circle seats section.
- Left & Right Circle seats are SINGLE seats in a row.
- Please be informed that Balcony BL/1-2 and Balcony BR/1-2 at the Circle seats section are restricted view seats.
- Booster seats are available on a first-come-first-served basis. They are not guaranteed and are not included with the purchase of your ticket. Patrons are welcome to bring their own.
For more information, please visit https://www.facebook.com/singaporerepertorytheatre
For the latest news on SRT shows and to be the first to find out what shows are coming up next, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.For more information on how you can get complimentary tickets, click here to become a Friend of SRT.