3 Oct 2018, 9am
Other Channels :
3 Oct 2018, 10am
The Armed Man: A Mass for Peace
What Sweeter Music: Festival of Carols
Composed by Karl Jenkins in 2000, The Armed Man: A Mass for Peace is a moving work of tremendous breadth and soaring drama. Based on one of the most popular tunes of the 15th century, L'Homme Armé, Jenkins weaves in musical and literary elements from various cultures ancient and modern to create a poignant message of world peace.
In What Sweeter Music, Mark Hayes presents an ingenious arrangement of classic carols and original compositions for chorus, piano and orchestra. Together, the songs form a seamless medley that tells the traditional Christmas story faithfully and affectionately.
Khor Ai Ming, conductor
Esther Maureen Kelly, soprano
Vocal Associates Festival Chorus
Vocal Associates Festival Children’s Choir
Vocal Associates Festival Youth Choir
Approximately 2 hours
Admission Rules of Esplanade:
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance.
- Infants in arms or children below the age of 6 shall not be admitted.
- Children 6 years old and above must purchase ticket for admission.
Late Seating Advisory
- You are strongly advised to be seated 15 minutes before the performance start time.
- No admission will be allowed into the venue once the performance has commenced.
- Exceptions may be made at Esplanade's discretion depending on the nature of the performance.
Photography/Video Recording Rules
- No Photography, Video recording and Audio recording is allowed for this event.
Through All SISTIC Channel
10% Discount for Members and Friends of Vocal Associates
[Valid from 3 Oct 2018 onwards]
[Key or quote valid promo code upon purchase]