31 Aug 2018, 9am
31 Aug 2018, 10am
Based on the original story by AK Srikanth, YUDH - Three Perspectives One Truth is a stunning masterpiece that brings Bharathanatyam on stage in a new avatar! The musical unfolds through the eyes of the artistes with every scene well crafted and seamlessly weaved through English narrative and soul stirring world music.
Directed and Choreographed by internationally renowned danseuse Savitha Sastry, the central theme of YUDH is inspired by age old philosophical questions: Why are we as a human race constantly put to the test? Is the mind a play on our emotions or are our emotions a play on the mind? How do we decipher right from wrong?
Battling it out between Dharma (Righteousness) and Adharma (Wrongdoing), the search for an answer is seen through the eyes of an old couple who have spent their lives grieving their daughter’s disappearance twenty-six years ago. Constantly grappling with unresolved questions that surround the tragedy, the couple exist through their lives finding neither peace nor solace.
Following a very successful world tour that revceived rave reviews from the critics worldover, YUDH - Three Perspectives One Truth is set to make its debut in Singapore through 3 of Singapore’s very own homegrown talent.
YUDH is the real thing! Emotionally vital, it will without a doubt impact even the most non-discerning audience.
Presented by: Sabanitha Shanmugasundram
Artistic Direction & Choreography: Savitha Sastry
Music Score: Rajkumar Bharathi
Approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes
Rating / Age Limit
- No admission for infants in arms and children below 6 years old
- Children 6 years and above must purchase a ticket for entry
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance
Photography / Video Recording Rules
- No Photography, Video recording and Audio recording is permitted for this event
Late Seating Advisory:
- You are strongly advised to be seated 15 minutes before the performance start time.
- No admission will be allowed into the venue once the performance has commenced.
- Exceptions may be made at Esplanade's discretion depending on the nature of the performance.