Early Bird Sale
13 Sep 2018, 9am - 28 Sep 2018, 12am
13 Sep 2018, 10am - 27 Sep 2018, 8pm
28 Sep 2018, 12am
28 Sep 2018, 10am
THEIR REMAINING JOURNEY
By John Clang
Their Remaining Journey weaves together three different stories: a theatre actress meets an untimely death and awaits reincarnation while her soul is trapped with an unknown family in Singapore; a yoga instructor travels to New York, unable to escape from the memory of a dead-end relationship; and a Singapore immigrant in Taiwan desperately tries to muster the courage to tell his wife of his illness and remorse. Connected through their loneliness, the protagonists attempt to negotiate personal loss and displacement.
This debut feature by acclaimed Singaporean visual artist, John Clang, exhibits the same sensitivity to everyday moments demonstrated in his award-winning photographic works. Quietly insistent, the camera enters the intimate worlds of his characters, portraying their private consternation from being in between states. At the same time, these beautifully shot black-and-white portraits tell of an existence that transcends time and space, life and death.
Their Remaining Journey had its world premiere at the International Film Festival Rotterdam (2018) and garnered a nomination for the Bright Future Award.
The programme on Sat 13 Oct, 4.30 pm includes a post-screening dialogue with director John Clang, producer Elin Tew and director of photography Lavender Chang.
Early Bird Sale
In Mandarin, Hokkien, Cantonese and English with English subtitles
Singapore, Taiwan, USA
Approximately 101 minutes
Rating / Age Limit
- Rating: M18 (Nudity and sexual scenes)
- No admission for infants in arms.
- Admission is subject to tickets and valid IDs produced at the entrance.
Photography / Video Recording Rules
- No flash photography or videography is permitted in the galleries.
- Still photography (no flash) for non-commercial use is permitted.
- Photography may not be permitted in the special exhibition galleries.
- Use of selfie sticks and tripods is also not permitted in the galleries.
- No food and drink (including bottled water) is permitted in the galleries.
- Tickets are only valid on the stipulated date, and for one entry.
- Tickets cannot be refunded, sold or exchanged, and are void if altered.
- Concession tickets are only valid for visitors who meet the concessionary requirements.
Through All SISTIC Channels
S$8.00 per ticket for Early Bird Adult
S$8.00 per ticket for Early Bird Senior (with valid ID)
S$8.00 per ticket for Early Bird Student (with valid student pass)
S$8.00 per ticket for Early Bird NSF (with valid 11B card)
[Applicable from 13 Sep 2018 till 27 Sep 2018]
John Clang (b. 1973) is a Singaporean visual artist who works with photography and film. Based in New York for almost two decades, his art practice often straddles the dual realities of global cities, unfettered by confines of time and geography. His first exhibition was with the controversial and now defunct Singapore art group 5th Passage Artists in 1993. He has also exhibited in spaces such as Pékin Fine Arts (Beijing), LACE (Los Angeles), CCC Strozzina (Florence), Sundaram Tagore Gallery (New York) and Singapore Art Museum.