1 Jan 2018, 9am
Other Channels :
1 Jan 2018, 10am
Between Worlds: Raden Saleh and Juan Luna
Between Worlds explores how Raden Saleh and Juan Luna developed their work living between two diverse cultures and societies; and how the European experiences of these extraordinary artists have shaped the art history of this region.
Jointly led by Clarissa Chikiamco (Curator, National Gallery Singapore) and Syed Muhammad Hafiz (Assistant Curator, National Gallery Singapore), this tour takes you through the curatorial narrative and key themes of the exhibition.
About the curators
Clarissa Chikiamco is a Curator at National Gallery Singapore. Formerly an independent curator in the Philippines, she curated several exhibitions across Manila including Modes of Impact: The Inaugural Collection of Video Art (2011) at the Ateneo Art Gallery and its 50th anniversary exhibition Lee Aguinaldo: In Retrospect. Chikiamco has won the Philippine Star’s Lifestyle Journalism Awards in Art and Culture (2006) and the National Book Award for Art for the book she co-authored, The Life and Art of Lee Aguinaldo (2012). She earned her MA in Art Curatorship at the University of Melbourne.
Syed Muhammad Hafiz is an Assistant Curator at National Gallery Singapore. He was part of the curatorial team for the inaugural UOB Southeast Asia Gallery exhibition Between Declarations & Dreams (2015) and Iskandar Jalil: Kembara Tanah Liat (Clay Travels) (2016). Formerly a Researcher with the Singapore Art Museum, he is interested in intersecting art developments within Southeast Asia, specifically Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore. Muhammad obtained his MA in Art & Politics from Goldsmiths, University of London.
Approximately 1 hour 15 minutes
Rating / Age Limit
- All patron must purchase ticket for admission.
Photography / Video Recording Rules
- No flash photography or videography is permitted in the galleries.
- Still photography (no flash) for non-commercial use is permitted.
- Photography may not be permitted in the special exhibition galleries.
- Use of selfie sticks and tripods is also not permitted in the galleries.
- No food and drink (including bottled water) is permitted in the galleries.
- Tickets are only valid on the stipulated date, and for one entry.
- Tickets cannot be refunded, sold or exchanged, and are void if altered.
- Concession tickets are only valid for visitors who meet the concessionary requirements.
Gallery Insider (Through all SISTIC Channels)
S$21 per ticket for Gallery Insider (with valid membership card)
Concession (Only available at Gallery Ticketing Counters)
S$21 per ticket (with valid identification card) for
- Seniors (60 Years and above)