Early Bird Sales
27 Mar 2018, 9am - 11 Apr 2018, 12am
27 Mar 2018, 10am - 10 Apr 2018, 8pm
11 Apr 2018, 12am
11 Apr 2018, 10am
Aureus Productions is proud to present the third instalment of the Aureus Great Artists Series featuring Valentina Lisitsa. With more than 160 million views and some 400,000 subscribers to her channel, Lisitsa is among the most frequently viewed pianists on YouTube.
Born in Kiev, Ukraine, she began playing the piano at the age of three. She began her musical education at the Lysenko Music School for highly talented children and later studied under Ludmilla Tsvierko at the Kiev Conservatory.
In 1995 Lisitsa made her New York debut at the Mostly Mozart Festival at Lincoln Center. Since then, Lisitsa, whose multi-faceted playing has been described as “dazzling”, has performed at prestigious venues worldwide such as New York's Carnegie Hall, Vienna Musikverein and the Royal Albert Hall. Renowned conductors she has collaborated with include Paavo Järvi, Kristjan Järvi, Vasily Petrenko, Vladimir Fedoseyev, and Lorin Maazel among others.
Valentina Lisitsa has recorded a wide variety of repertoire exclusively for Decca, including every piano concert by Sergei Rachmaninoff, works by Chopin, Philipp Glass, Liszt and Scriabin. Upcoming highlights include appearances with the Orchestre de Chambre du Luxembourg and at numerous festivals such as Palermo Classica Festival, Festival der Stille, and Festival Savoy Truffle in Megève.
Valentina Lisitsa will be performing at the Esplanade Concert Hall in May 2018.
Piano Sonata No. 23 in F minor, Op. 57 “Appassionata”
Piano Sonata No. 1 in D minor, Op. 28
Gaspard de la nuit
Pictures at an Exhibition
Early Bird Sales
Approximately 1 hour 45 minutes
(with 15 minutes interval)
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance.
- Infants in arms or children below the age of 6 shall not be admitted.
- Children above 6 years must purchase ticket for admission.
Late Seating Advisory
- You are strongly advised to be seated 15 minutes before the performance start time.
- No admission will be allowed into the venue once the performance has commenced.
- Exceptions may be made at Esplanade's discretion depending on the nature of the performance.
Photography/Video Recording Rules
- No Photography, Video recording and Audio recording is allowed for this event.
Through All SISTIC Channels
20% Discount for Early Bird
[Valid from 27 March to 10 Apr 2018]
10% Discount for Mastercard
[Valid from 11 Apr 2018 onwards]