16 July 2019, 9am
16 July 2019, 10am
Way up in the deep blue night sky, a twinkling star hears a little girl's birthday wish . . . she wishes she could dance with the stars. Wanting to make this wish come true, the star tells the moon, the moon tells the sun, the sun tells the wind and the rain, and together they dream up a wonderful plan.
Told through a magical mix of music, light and imagination, this is a heartfelt and humorous story of what can happen when the universe hears your dreams.
"Expertly choreographed and eloquently told." - Press & Journal
"A gift of a show for wee ones." - The Herald
"Magical, engaging with plenty of laughs." - The Evening Times
Dougie Irvine - Director
Becky Minto - Set Design
Daniel Padden - Sound Design
Grahame Gardner - Lighting Design
Amy Mcgregor - Performer
Rick Conte - Performer
Camilla O’Neill - Stage and Production Manager
A Ladder to the Stars was written by Simon Puttock and adapted for the stage by Dougie Irvine.
A Ladder to the Stars was originally produced by Visible Fictions and Aberdeen Performing Arts.
About Visible Fictions
Visible Fictions have been producing creative experiences for young people since 1991. They are award winners, recognised both nationally and internationally as leaders this field. The company have toured work all over the world from the Sydney Opera House to Broadway. They believe theatre can happen anywhere and as a result have performed work on bikes, in schools, on boats and in parks, always aiming to challenge and excite young audiences and the communities in which they live.
Visible Fictions move with the times and are always looking to develop their audiences. Because of this they have a healthy online following and produce work especially for this audience. The company are committed to making accessible work, ensuring that all members of the community can take part in the art they create.
Approximately 50 minutes, with no intermission
Admission Rules of Esplanade:
- Recommended for children aged 3 to 7 years old.
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance.
- Infants in arms or children below the age of 3 shall not be admitted.
- Children 3 years and above must purchase ticket for admission.
Photography/Video Recording Rules
- No Photography, Video recording and Audio recording is allowed for this event.
- Please note that photographs and videos of patrons may be taken at this event for use in our archival and publicity material.
Corporate / Group Bookings
For Group Booking, please contact Esplanade Box Office at (65) 68288389 or email at email@example.com
Through SISTIC Authorised Agents, Hotline, Internet and Esplanade Box Office
PIP’s Club Special
- Enjoy 10% off two tickets or more, up to 4 tickets.
- Purchase 4 tickets to any Octoburst! ticketed programmes (excluding Introduction to Swan Lake) before 20 Aug 2019 to redeem a free PIP Backpack worth $25.90.
Limited to first 150 transactions only.
Terms and Conditions
- Promotion applicable on ticket purchases on the following shows only: Tailor Made, Cerita Anak and A Ladder to the Stars.
- Redemption is for the first 150 transactions before 20 Aug 2019 only.
- If you are eligible to the redemption, you will receive an email by 20 Sep 2019.
- Redemption can be made with the email at Information Counter (Mezzanine level) from 12pm – 8.30pm between 4 – 6 Oct 2019.
- Redemption email must be presented as proof of eligibility.
- No redemptions will be entertained after 6 Oct 2019.
- The Esplanade Co Ltd reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of this promotion at any time and is subject to change without notice
Not a PIP’s Club member?
Bring the arts to your kids with PIP’s Club, a free membership for ages 12 & under.
Sign up at www.esplanade.com/pipsclub.
TICKET HOLDER PRIVILEGES
Flash your ticket to enjoy up to 15% savings at Esplanade Mall.
Alter Ego | #01-13D, Annexe
Gajalee Indian Seafood Restaurant | #02-12
Co+Nut+ink | #01-K7, Waterfront
Harry’s | #01-05/07
Jiak Modern Tzechar | #02-14
Mischief | #01-10/12
Noosh Halal Noodle Bar and Grill | #01-13B, Annexe
Restaurant Labyrinth | #02-23 (Valid for Pre-Theatre menu only)
Supply & Demand Italian Restaurant & Rooftop Bar| #01-13, Annexe (Complimentary Garlic Truffles Fries from 10pm – 1am.)
The Boiler Seafood Bar & Beer | #01-13A, Annexe
The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf | #01-02/04
The ExciseMan Whisky Bar | #02-27 (exclude bottle sales)
Tomo Izakaya | #01-09
Poster Hub | #02-15/17
The Band World | #02-08
Tong Ming Xi Gallery | #02-06
Old School Delights | #02-25
Retail & Services
Alexandria Maison | #02-02
Alexandria Maison Singapore | #02-11
Fort Sanctuary | #02-04
Studio Haroobee | #02-20 (For first time trial lesson and/or courses)
The Analog Vault | #02-10
The Naturalist Grandeur | #02-09
PRE- & POST-SHOW MENUS AVAILABLE AT THESE OUTLETS
Barossa | #01-11
Available 5.30pm – 7.30pm daily.
Pre-show two-course set dinner at $28++. Additional house wine or half pint Archipelago at $5++
Gajalee Indian Seafood Restaurant | #02-12
Available 6pm – 8pm daily.
Pre-show lunch or dinner set from $19.90.
Restaurant Labyrinth | #02-23
Available 6pm-8pm from Thursdays to Saturdays. Last order at 6.30pm.
Four-course Pre-Theatre menu at $68++
Terms and conditions: Valid till 31 Mar 2020. Not applicable with other promotions, discounts, vouchers and offers by credit or privilege cards. Ticket stubs presented must be for shows in Esplanade – Theatres on the Bay and used on the day of the performance except for Studio Haroobee (Valid 7 days from the date of performance). Prices indicated may be subject to service charge and prevailing government taxes. Management reserves the right to amend any promotional terms and conditions without prior notice. Merchants’ terms and conditions apply.
Visit www.esplanade.com/ticketholder for more details.