3 Sep 2019, 9am
3 Sep 2019, 10am
After a well-received piano recital in Esplanade last year, Wendelin Kwek is back with a more rewarding concert by having her former professor from Indiana University Bloomington Jacobs School of Music, Edward Auer, as a guest artist.
Wendelin Kwek pursued her Bachelor's (Summa Cum Laude) and Master's Degrees at Indiana University Bloomington Jacobs School of Music, under the tutelage of world-class pianists Edward Auer, Émile Naoumoff, and Reiko-Shigeoka Neriki. Her many music recognitions and prestigious awards include Founders Scholar from Indiana University Bloomington, Distinction for all Piano ABRSM Examinations, and Hedy King Robinson Prizes for her excellence in ABRSM Music Theory, to name a few.
Edward Auer has performed solo recitals and concerts in 30 countries, and as a soloist with the orchestras, such as Los Angeles Philharmonic; NHK Tokyo; RIAS Orchestra Berlin; and many others. He is the first American to win a prize in the prestigious International Chopin Competition in Warsaw. A prize winner and later juror in the Tchaikovsky, Chopin, and Marguerite Long competitions, Professor Auer has recorded for RCA Japan, Toshiba EMI, and other labels. Now, he is a Professor of Piano on the artist faculty of IU Jacobs School of Music.
Harmonies Through Time presents a variety of repertoire in Classical music. Meticulous works by Beethoven, Chopin, and Debussy will be performed to showcase the beauty of various style periods.
Approximately 1 hour 30 minutes
(With 15 mins interval)
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance.
- Infants in arms or children below the age of 5 shall not be admitted.
- Children above 5 years must purchase ticket for admission.
Late Seating Advisory
- You are strongly advised to be seated 15 minutes before the performance start time.
- No admission will be allowed into the venue once the performance has commenced.
- Exceptions may be made at Esplanade's discretion depending on the nature of the performance.
Photography/Video Recording Rules
- Photography without Flash, Video recording and Audio recording is allowed for this event.
- Please note that photographs and videos of patrons may be taken at this event for use in our archival and publicity material.
20% Discount for Student (Local/Overseas)
[Valid from 3 Sep 2019 onwards]
[Verification: Present valid ID / Student Pass]
[Please note that random checks on concession tickets will be conducted at the point of entry]
[Patrons unable to present proof of eligibility are required to upgrade their concession tickets to full price tickets]
30% Discount for Early Bird
[Valid from 9 Sep 2019 - 30 Sep 2019]
$220 for Family Bundle of 5
[Valid from 1 Oct 2019 onwards]
- Beethoven – Piano Sonata No. 30 in E Major, Op. 109
- Debussy – Estampes
- Chopin – Barcarolle in F-sharp Major, Op. 60
- Chopin - Nocturne in E-flat Major, Op. 9 No. 2
- Chopin - Three Waltzes, Op. 64
- Chopin - Fantasy in F minor, Op. 49
- Debussy – Petite Suite