17 May 2019, 10am
17 May 2019, 10am
“Ordinary People, Extraordinary Deeds” was what motivated Grassroots Adviser to Kampong Chai Chee Mr Lee Yi Shyan, to form the East Coast Choir (ECC) in 2015, in celebration of SG50 with the strong support of PAssionArts movement.
The choir is a community group made up of ordinary people united by a common love for singing. It is an inter-generational choir comprising of members from as young as 7 years old to seniors who are passionate about choral singing.
Since its formation, ECC has been given many memorable opportunities to perform at various grassroots events, National Day Parade Celebrations at Marina Bay Floating Platform in celebration of Singapore’s Golden Jubilee, PAssionArts Festivals, CHINGAY@Heartlands 2018, festive carolling such as singing Christmas & Chinese New Year songs at Sentosa, hospitals and eldercare homes.
ECC has held 4 annual public ticketed concerts since 2015. The choir gathers weekly at Kampong Chai Chee Community Club to learn the basics of singing under the direction of Chorus Director Ms Khor Ai Ming.
Although majority of the choir members have no formal music background, we are proud to bring you our fifth ticketed concert this evening.
The programme for the concert will feature familiar tunes from Disney movies, favourite Xinyao (新谣) classics and a special collection of flashback featuring songs from our previous concerts.
Regardless of age or musical ability - ECC welcomes everyone with commitment, dedication and passion for choral singing to be a part of this community choir!
English and Mandarin
Approximately 2 hours
(15 minutes interval)
Rating / Age Limit
- Children below 3 years old may be admitted free of charge provided they do not occupy a seat (they must be seated on the lap of a parent or guardian).
- Children 3 years old and above must purchase a ticket for admission.
- All children below 12 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Late Seating Advisory
- For the enjoyment of all audience members, all events start promptly at the time printed on the ticket.
- Please be seated 15 minutes before the performance start time.
- Late arrival may result in non-admittance until a suitable break in the performance.
Photography / Video Recording Rules
- No flash photography, video recording and audio recording is permitted for this event.