4 Jan 2018, 9am
4 Jan 2018, 10am
“Here, surely, we have the truest successor to the great Russian pianists.” Gramophone
Aureus Productions is proud to present Gold Medal winner of the International Tchaikovsky Competition, Boris Berezovsky. A native of Moscow, Berezovsky studied at the prestigious Moscow Conservatory and made his debut in London in 1988 at the Wigmore Hall. He actively performs at international recital series worldwide, and with prestigious orchestras such as the Royal Concertgebouw, Frankfurt Radio Symphony, Mariinsky Theatre, NHK Symphony Orchestra, and the Orchestre National de France. A keen chamber musician, he also regularly works with artists such as Vadim Repin, Julian Rachlin as well as the Borodin, Britten, Endellion and Takacs quartets.
Berezovsky has recorded a wide variety of repertoire for Teldec including solo works by Chopin, Schumann, Rachmaninov, Ravel, and the complete Liszt Transcendental Studies. He has also embarked on a collaboration with Warner Classics with his recording of piano trios with Dmitri Makhtin and Alexander Kniazev that has been released to critical acclaim. Upcoming highlights include performances with the Orchestre Philharmonique de Radio France, Philharmonie Zuidnederland,
Philharmonia Orchestra as well as recitals in Paris, Moscow, Washington and Chicago.
Boris Berezovsky will be performing at the Esplanade Concert Hall in February 2018 and will be presenting a spectacular programme of Beethoven, Chopin, Scarlatti, Bartok and Stravinsky.
Piano Sonata No.13, Op.27 No.1
Impromptu no. 1 in A flat major, Op. 29
Impromptu no. 2 in F sharp major, Op. 36
Impromptu no. 3 in G flat major, Op. 51
Fantaisie-Impromptu in C♯ minor, Op. 66
Piano Sonata Sz. 80 (BB 88)
I. Allegro moderato
II. Sostenuto e pesante
III. Allegro molto
Piano Sonata in E major K. 20
Piano Sonata in G minor K. 43
Piano Sonata in D major K. 96
Trois Mouvements de Petrouchka
I. Danse russe: Allegro giusto
II. Chez Petrouchka: Stringendo
III. La semaine grasse: Con moto – Allegretto – Tempo giusto - Agitato
Approximately 1 hour 30 minutes
Admission Rules of Esplanade:
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance.
- Infants in arms or children below the age of 5 shall not be admitted.
- Children above 5 years must purchase ticket for admission.
Late Seating Advisory
- You are strongly advised to be seated 15 minutes before the performance start time.
- No admission will be allowed into the venue once the performance has commenced.
- Exceptions may be made at Esplanade's discretion depending on the nature of the performance.
Photography/Video Recording Rules
- No Photography, Video recording and Audio recording is allowed for this event.
- Please note that photographs and videos of patrons may be taken at this event for use in our archival and publicity material.
Through All SISTIC Channels
10% Discount for Mastercard Holders
[Valid from 4 Jan 2018 onwards]