“If you live a long life and get to the end of it without ever once having felt crushingly depressed, then you probably haven’t been paying attention.”
When I was seven
I made a list of all the good in the world
Every brilliant thing worth living for
It was a gift for my mother
I hoped she would find a reason to live
A man, a list, a million brilliant things.
A healing journey with me, navigating the struggles of life with abundant laughs.
Start Sales Date
13 Jan 2022, 9am
SISTIC Authorised Agents:
13 Jan 2022, 10am
Esplanade Box Office:
13 Jan 2022, 12 noon - 6pm
Approximately 1 hour 20 minutes, no intermission
Performed in Mandarin, no surtitles.
Admission Rules of Esplanade:
- All patrons are required to do SafeEntry check-in at the venue via the TraceTogether app or token only. We regret that patrons who do not have the app or the token will be denied entry.
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance.
- Infants in arms or children below the age of 16 shall not be admitted.
- Children 16 years and above must purchase ticket for admission.
- Advisory: Contains some references to mental illness and suicide.
Late Seating Advisory
- You are strongly advised to be seated before the performance start time.
- Latecomers will be admitted during suitable breaks, if any.
- Exceptions may be made at Esplanade's discretion depending on the nature of the performance.
Photography/Video Recording Rules
- No Photography, Video recording and Audio recording is allowed for this event.
- Please note that photographs and videos of patrons may be taken at this event for use in our archival and publicity material.
Help Us Keep Everyone Safe
- Maintain safe distancing between groups.
- Keep your mask on and practice good personal hygiene.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided around the centre and in the performance venues.
- Strictly no food & beverage allowed in the performance venues.
- Esplanade reserves the right not to admit patrons who do not comply with prevailing safe management measures.
- Stay at home if you're unwell.
The Finger Players is Singapore’s leading theatre company, best known for its inventive fusion of puppetry elements into visually arresting productions and its strong advocacy of puppetry.
Founded in 1999, The Finger Players strives to be a centre of research and development for the creation and performance of puppetry in Singapore. The company became the country’s first arts collective to operate on a rotating artistic director model. Each Artistic Director helms the fort for a stipulated tenure, with support from a team of core members who have been integral to The Finger Players since its inception.
The company currently operates three branches, namely the:
1) Main Season
2) International Season
3) and Outreach Season.
The Finger Players is a non-profit organisation with Institution of Public Character (IPC) status. The company is also a recipient of the National Arts Council’s Major Grant for the period from 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2023, and a member of the Singapore Chinese Language Theatre Alliance.
(二) 国际邀约演出, 和
From 1 Jan 2022, there will no longer be a concession for unvaccinated individuals to perform Pre-Event Testing in lieu of being fully vaccinated. All patrons (except for children aged 12 and below) need to be fully vaccinated# against COVID-19.
#Full vaccination refers to:
• having received the appropriate regimen of World Health Organisation Emergency Use Listing (WHO EUL) vaccines including their respective duration post-vaccination for the vaccine to be fully effective, and had their vaccination records ingested in MOH’s national IT systems
• recovery from a COVID-19 infection within the last 180 days
All patrons are required to do SafeEntry check-in at the venue via the TraceTogether app (version 2.11 and above) or token only. Other modes of SafeEntry check-in will not be accepted.
- 15% savings for E&Me Black members
- 10% savings for E&Me White members
- 5% savings for E&Me Discover members (Subject to availability)
- $30 for Student, Senior Citizen (aged 60 years and above), NSF and PWDs
- For wheelchair-accessible seats, please call Esplanade at 6828 8377 for assistance
- Verification: Present valid student ID/IC/SAF11B
- Please note that random checks on concession tickets will be conducted at the point of entry
- Patrons unable to present proof of eligibility are required to upgrade their concession tickets to full price tickets
- Subject to availability