Boom Boom Room, the legendary one drag cabaret club is back and better! Based on the concept of the original Boom Boom Room, the new show will be a variety show of lip-synching performances by drag queens, the wildly popular standup comedy by Kumar the OG drag diva, live singing by a male singer and an updated line up of acrobats, dancers and even a mentalist.
Coming out of a year of panic-demic, we feel that Singaporeans need to find our groove back, get out and laugh again (safely of course). Boom Boom Room FFWD will be the antidote for our gloom!
Start Sales Date
22 Oct 2021, 12pm
22 Oct 2021, 12pm
Approximately 90 minutes, no interval
- Guests are required to undergo Pre-Event Testing (PET) if you have not completed the full vaccination regimen at least 14 days prior to performance date, or if they do not fulfill any other requirements stipulated by the Singapore government. Kindly refer to the section “Before You Go” for more information.
- Sales Channels: Guests are encouraged to purchase tickets online.
- Decide the price category and number of tickets you require before clicking into the respective zones.
- Tickets can only be purchased in pairs due to the seating arrangement.
- Upon choosing your preferred seats, select your ticket type and then add to cart.
- Once you have confirmed your details, enter your payment details, and proceed to check out.
- An email confirmation and e-ticket with the event details will then be sent to you.
- Age restrictions: There will be no admission for attendees aged 17 and below. Those aged 18 and above will be required to purchase a ticket for admission.
- Does attending this event require Pre-Event Testing (PET)?
Guests must undergo Pre-Event Testing (PET) if they have not completed the full vaccination regimen at least 14 days prior to the performance date.
Attendees taking PET must have a valid negative Antigen Rapid Test (ART) or Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test result for the duration of the performance (i.e. the PET must have been taken in the past 24 hours before the expected end of the performance)
According to the Ministry of Health (MOH), ART is recommended for Pre-Event Testing as it has a shorter turnaround time. With ART, attendees may be able to receive their results within an hour, whereas with a PCR test, the process can take up to 48 hours.
Do note that no refunds will be given to those who are unable to attend the show due to delays at the test venue.
- Do I have to pay for the PET?
Yes, attendees will have to pay for the COVID-19 test(s) as part of PET requirement. The full list of MOH-Approved COVID-19 Test Providers can be found here.
- Who is exempted from PET?
i. Fully vaccinated individuals who have completed their full vaccination regime (Pfizer-BioNTech/Comirnaty, Moderna or any vaccines recognised in the World Health Organization’s Emergency Use Listing (WHO EUL*) such as Sinovac-CoronaVac, Sinopharm, and AstraZeneca at least 14 days before the event are exempted from PET. Please also note that attendees who have been vaccinated abroad must have their vaccination records updated in the National Immunization Registry.
ii. Recovered individuals must have a valid PET exemption notice or valid Discharge Memo for the duration of the performance.
These individuals must produce their vaccination status from the TraceTogether or HealthHub application prior to entry to Sands Theatre.
Kindly note that hard copy overseas vaccination certificates or doctor letters’ qualifying that the individual is not able to be vaccinated will not be recognised. Screenshots will also not be accepted.
* For more information, please refer to the Ministry of Health’s (MOH) Post Vaccination Matters webpage for more information.
- I have been vaccinated overseas. Does this mean I can be exempt from PET?
Attendees who have been vaccinated abroad must have their vaccination records updated in the National Immunization Registry. Kindly note that hard copy overseas vaccination certificates will not be recognised.
For more information, please refer to the Ministry of Health’s (MOH) Post Vaccination Matters.
- How long are the COVID-19 test results valid for?
The validity of your COVID-19 Test Result Notice is 24 hours from the time you were registered in-person at the testing premises.
You must not enter Sands Expo and Convention Centre, Exhibition Hall C beyond the validity period stated on your COVID-19 Test Result Notice.
As such, you must get tested:
1. Before the start of your visit to the event; and
2. A maximum of 24 hours before the end of the event.
- How do I know what the end time of the performance is?
The show duration is estimated to last 90 minutes. Please factored in an additional 30 minutes buffer to the end time in case of any delays.
- What do I need to present for entry on event day?
Attendees must bring along the following items:
i. A working TraceTogether (TT) Token or updated TT app
ii. A mobile device that has call and internet service to access your test results or vaccination status
iii. Original Government-issued photo identification for verification purposes (e.g. NRIC, FIN, Passport)
iv. Any of the Acceptable Documents listed below:
- COVID-19 Test Result Notice (ART) or
- COVID-19 Test Result Notice (PCR) or
- PET Exemption Notice or
- PRPP ART Result Slip
For image reference, please refer here.
Other than the official Acceptable Documents, any other documents, copies, variations in the format (including screenshots and pictures) will not be accepted for entry.
Please note that attendees who fail to bring their relevant identification or documents will be denied entry and no refund will be provided. Please also note that there are penalties under law for entering or remaining in any event or activity that requires PET if you do not meet the relevant requirements.
- Do I still need to wear a mask and observe safe distancing if I have a valid negative PET result, a PET Exemption Notice, or if I have completed the full vaccination regimen under the national vaccination programme?
Yes. All attendees are required to adhere to the prevailing Government safe management measures, such as mask-wearing and safe distancing, to reduce the risk of community spread.
- Can I use an Antigen Rapid Test (ART) Self-Test Kit for PET?
No. Per the prevailing Government guidelines, self-administered Antigen Rapid Tests will not be recognised. Attendees must take their Pre-Event Test (ART or PCR) at an MOH- approved Covid-19 test provider. You may refer to Go.gov.sg/swabproviders for the list of approved MOH Covid-19 test providers.
- What happens if I am denied entry to the show due to a positive or invalid Pre-Event Test (Antigen Rapid Test) result
You will not be permitted entry with a positive or invalid ART result.
You will be required to provide a copy of your positive or invalid Antigen Rapid Test (ART) as documentary proof to request for a full refund.
- What happens if I am unable to attend the show as I am on a Stay-Home Notice, or I feel unwell?
If you are unable to attend the show because you are on Stay-Home Notice or you feel unwell, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +65 6348 5555 to request for a refund.
Refunds are issued on a case-by-case basis at the Promoter’s discretion.
If you are unwell, please visit a medical professional as soon as possible for further assessment and provide us with the relevant documentation evidencing this, if you are requesting a refund. Attendees are not allowed to take an ART if they display any acute respiratory infection (ARI) symptoms such as cough or fever. Please rest at home and refrain from attending any event, business, or activity.
- Will I be refunded if I am unable to attend the show for not undergoing a Pre-Event Test?
No refund will be issued if you are unable to attend the show for not undergoing a Pre-Event Test.
If you are unable to take the Pre-Event Test due to extenuating circumstances, please contact us at email@example.com or +65 6348 5555 at least 72 hours in advance of the Event.
- Do I need to do SafeEntry to enter Event Hall?
All ticket holders must have a working TraceTogether App/Token to check in via SafeEntry. Other check-in modes, such as using a mobile device’s camera, SingPass Mobile or other QR code reader apps, or using NRIC/FIN and other photo IDs, will not be accepted.
- Will I need to wear a mask during the duration of the performance?
All attendees must always wear a mask.
- Are there any age restrictions for the show?
There will be no admission for attendees aged 17 and below. Those aged 18 and above will be required to purchase a ticket for admission.
- What time do I need to arrive before the show?
Doors open 30 minutes before the show.
- Can I purchase or bring my own food and drinks at Sands Theatre concession stand?
Food and Beverage are not allowed in the event hall. All food and beverage items will have to be discarded prior to entry. The service counter inside the hall will only be available for the purpose of our pre-show VIP ticket holders’ drinks redemption.
- Will you have a cloak room available in case I need to deposit some of my belongings?
The cloak room will be available for this event.
- Will I be able to photograph or film the performance?
Flash photography or filming of the performance is not permitted. All DSLR / Cameras with interchangeable lens are strictly prohibited inside the auditorium and will need to be stored in the Cloakroom.
- Will I be able to use the restroom during the event?
Ticket holder(s) can access restrooms located at the venue during the event. Safe Distancing Ambassadors and ushers will be on site to ensure there is no crowd congregation. We encourage attendees to use the restroom before entering the hall to avoid formation of long queues and/or waiting time. Please note you will only be re-admitted at a suitable break during the performance.
- Must I remain at my seat until the end of the event?
All attendees are kindly asked to remain seated for the entire duration of the event and will be ushered out of the venue in groups.
- What are the hygiene and safety measures for attendees, staff and performers?
Sands Theatre is a SG Clean-certified venue and has stepped up the frequency of cleaning and disinfection of all common areas and high-touch surfaces. All seats in the theatre are also sprayed with disinfectant on a regular basis. The venue has procedures in place to ensure compliance with the prevailing Safe Management Measures for Live Performances in support of the Government’s latest efforts.
Aside from mandatory SafeEntry check-in via the TraceTogether app or Token for all attendees, trained Safe Ambassadors will be deployed to disperse crowds and ensure safe distancing measures are adhered to. For more information on Marina Bay Sands’ safety and hygiene measures, please refer to https://www.marinabaysands.com/company-information/sands-clean-and-safe.html
I am a VIP ticket holder, how do I redeem my drink?
The drink redemption counter is in the event hall, where you can choose 1 glass of champagne, wine, beer, or a soft drink. The ushers will assist you on site.
What time do I have to arrive?
For 4.30pm performance:
The drink redemption period will begin from 3.45pm and end promptly at 4.20pm.
Ticket holders who have missed the drink redemption period, will not be able to do so thereafter. Ticket holders can enter the hall from 4.20pm-4.30pm for the performance.
For 6pm performance:
The drink redemption period will begin from 5.15pm and end promptly at 5.50pm.
Ticket holders who have missed the drink redemption period, will not be able to do so thereafter. Ticket holders can enter the hall from 5.50pm-6pm for the performance.
For 8pm performance:
The drink redemption period will begin from 7.15pm and end promptly at 7.50pm.
Ticket holders who have missed the drink redemption period, will not be able to do so thereafter. Ticket holders can enter the hall from 7.50pm – 8.00pm for the performance.
For 9.30pm performance:
The drink redemption period will begin from 8.45pm and end promptly at 9.20pm.
Ticket holders who have missed the drink redemption period, will not be able to do so thereafter. Ticket holders can enter the hall from 9.20pm – 9.30pm for the performance.
I purchased more than 2 tickets, can my group of friends be seated together for drinks?
As each table can only accommodate a maximum of 2 patrons, who must be seated whilst consuming the drink. We seek your kind cooperation in adhering to the rules of not mixing or intermingling with other ticket holders.
Cat 1: S$138
Cat 2: S$98
*VIP ticket includes the best seats in the house and a pre-show glass of champagne, beer, wine, or a soft drink.