Event is over!
This event has ended and no longer available for booking.
Raw and unfiltered, yet still cosy and intimate—Experience collaborative presentations at Esplanade Annexe Studio with four partners—Atmos, Big Duck, Middle Class Cigars and Secret Signals, each bringing their distinctive flavour to Baybeats, ranging across city pop, shoegaze, instrumental rock, and more.
The bay beast returns with 4 days of solid hard-hitting good music with performances live at Esplanade and on livestream for everyone at home too!
ESPLANADE ANNEXE STUDIO
Duration: 30mins per set
4 Nov 2021, Thu
7.10pm KEYANA | Baybeats x Secret Signals
8.55pm lewloh | Baybeats x Secret Signals
10.40pm Stopgap | Baybeats x Secret Signals
5 Nov 2021, Fri
6.45pm Cosmic Child | Baybeats x Middle Class Cigars
8.30pm Kribo Brothers: The Sound of Kribo Records | Baybeats x Middle Class Cigars
10.15pm Sobs | Baybeats x Middle Class Cigars
6 Nov 2021, Sat
7.10pm Paint The Sky Red | Baybeats x Atmos
8.55pm Hardihood | Baybeats x Atmos
10.40pm sl_owtalk | Baybeats x Atmos
7 Nov 2021, Sun
7.10pm Don Aaron | Baybeats x Big Duck
8.55pm Ihasamic! x Wovensound | Baybeats x Big Duck
10.40pm deførmed | Baybeats x Big Duck
Start Sales Date
Esplanade&Me Priority Booking
25 Oct 2021, 12pm
27 Oct 2021 onwards, 12pm
Esplanade Box Office:
27 Oct 2021, 12pm - 6pm
Approximately 30 minutes, with no intermission
• Admission for ages 13 and above
• Performances may include use of loud music
• Audiences are to remain seated throughout the performance
• No audience participation, including singing and shouting during the performance.
The programmes for Baybeats 2021 are subject to change, based on prevailing safe management measures.
As part of the latest safe management measures, Pre-Event Testing (PET) is compulsory for all audiences attending this performance, except for those who have completed the full vaccination against COVID-19#
Patrons who have yet to complete their vaccination must undergo PET at any of the Ministry of Health (MOH) Approved Test Providers, or at Quick Test Centres, within 24 hours before the end of the performance, at your own cost. On-site PET is not available at Esplanade for this event.
#Full vaccination refers to:
• two weeks after the second dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech/Comirnaty, Moderna or any COVID-19 vaccines under the World Health Organisation's (WHO) emergency use list
• recovery from a COVID-19 infection
Do bring along your negative PET test result notice, photo identification, and mobile device with updated TraceTogether (TT) app or token for SafeEntry check-in. We regret that patrons who do not have their photo ID, the app or token will be denied entry. Please visit MOH website for details.
Admission Rules of Esplanade:
- All patrons are required to use the TraceTogether app or token via the SafeEntry Gateway. We regret that patrons who do not have the app or the token will be denied entry.
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance.
- Infants in arms or children below the age of 13 shall not be admitted.
- Children 13 years and above must purchase ticket for admission.
Late Seating Advisory
- You are strongly advised to be seated before the performance start time.
- Latecomers will be admitted during suitable breaks, if any.
- Exceptions may be made at Esplanade's discretion depending on the nature of the performance.
Photography/Video Recording Rules
- No flash photography, unauthorised professional photography, video and audio recording is allowed for this event.
- Please note that photographs and videos of patrons may be taken at this event for use in our archival and publicity material.
Help Us Keep Everyone Safe
- Maintain safe distancing between groups.
- Keep your mask on and practice good personal hygiene.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided around the centre and in the performance venues.
- Strictly no food & beverage allowed in the performance venues.
- Esplanade reserves the right not to admit patrons who do not comply with prevailing safe management measures.
- Stay at home if you're unwell.
About Secret Signals
Established in 2012, Secret Signals is an artist development/label services firm based in Singapore. It focuses on providing international and regional labels and artists with marketing, business development and public relations services in Asia.
We’ve worked with over 200 artists to date–including Grammy-winning stars (FINNEAS, Bon Iver), buzzworthy independent acts (MAX, dhruv, vaultboy), regional artists (Shye, Ramengvrl, Weird Genius) and more.
In addition to artists and labels, we also assist brands and businesses with music consulting and partnerships in the region.
Where we are different is that we take a holistic approach to a label and business’ brand and growth in Asia, helping them grow and build sustained and long-term relationships with the media, platforms and fans in the region.
About Middle Class Cigars
Middle Class Cigars is a Singapore-based record label that releases reflective music from artists around the world on tape and digital platforms.
We believe that music is best experienced as accompaniment in isolation.
An ATMOS Initiative (AAI) began in 2016 as an editorial website with a regional focus on alternative music and providing a voice to genres that are not in the mainstream. 5 years later, AAI has developed into a promotional outfit focusing on post-rock, math-rock and its deviates internationally.
Some notable acts that AAI had brought into Singapore includes Delta Sleep, Totorro, Piano Becomes The Teeth, Chinese Football, Jyocho and Wang Wen while also responsible for releasing the first albums of Singaporean math-rock band, hauste (Leavings) and Indonesian math-rock band, Murphy Radio (S/T).
About Big Duck
Big Duck wouldn’t have existed without Baybeats. In 2019, the collective began as Naybeats; what was a cheeky namesake of a parody show celebrating acts who had fell short of Baybeats’ Budding Bands programme, quickly became a runway for a new space that celebrated both a fearlessly diverse approach to music, as well as an unshakeable community spirit. Newly rechristened as Big Duck, the collective proceeded to host a slew of highly successful and omnivorous shows, championing sounds all the way from indie rock and experimental glitch, to underground hip-hop and bedroom pop.
After the COVID-19 pandemic, Big Duck has held strong as a steadfast supporter and voice for Singapore’s emerging sounds, covering the scene as a fiercely independent webzine with reviews, features and interviews. With Baybeats returning in a hybrid setting, its final performances at the Annexe Studio for this year’s edition mark a moment that brings Big Duck full circle. Returning to what the collective does best, Big Duck presents three artists with unique sonic visions, refracted through specially prepared live lineups.