On sale now
75 years on from the fall of Singapore, rediscover this watershed event through a special international exhibition at the National Museum of Singapore. Hear first-hand accounts from witnesses to war: ordinary men and women whose lives were overturned by the outbreak of hostilities in Singapore in 1942. The exhibition presents the complexities of the events that led to the fall of Singapore, paying homage to the extraordinary courage and tenacity with which these men and women bore their circumstances.
Featuring artefacts from 10 overseas museums such as the Australian War Memorial and the Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, Witness to War will also explore how Singapore's fall was a part of a wider campaign waged by the Japanese Empire across the Pacific. These overseas artefacts, many of which have never been displayed in Southeast Asia before, highlight a shared regional history.
Exhibition captions in:
Rating / Age Limit
- All patrons must purchase or show proof of ticket purchase at the museum's Visitor Services counter before entering any gallery.
- Free admission for children aged 6 years and below.
Photography / Video Recording Rules
- No Photography with flash, Video recording and Audio recording is allowed for this event.
- For further discount tiers, please call 6332 3659.
- Last admission into Witness To War: Remembering 1942 is at 6.30pm
- Tickets are only valid for the stipulated date and are valid for 1 day.
Through National Museum Visitor Services Counter
S$13 per ticket for Non-Singaporean Students and Seniors (60 years & above)
[Verification: Full Time students with valid student pass]
Please note that random checks on concession tickets will be conducted at the point of entry.
Patrons unable to present proof of eligibility are required to upgrade their concession tickets to full price tickets.
S$13 per ticket for Tour Agent
S$13 per ticket for Group Booking with a minimum purchase of 20 Adult tickets. For groups larger than 20, 3-weeks advance booking with the National Museum required.
S$15 per ticket for SIA Privileges
[Applicable upon presenting valid SIA boarding pass within 7 days of travel or valid Kris Flyer membership card]