22 Mar 2018, 9am
With 65 years of legacy, Wah Kee has amassed a huge following of fans. Amongst the multitude of loyal fans who queue to savour the dish includes famous Hong Kong actor Chow Yun-Fatt and local celebrities. High-profile politicians have given their patronage as well.
Wah Kee's winning formula is its extremely piquant soup, which takes four hours to prepare. The gigantic prawns and al dente noodles also earn thumbs-up from patrons. The mee kia is specially made for Wah Kee and all sauces are made in-house daily, using Wah Kee’s 65-year recipe. Pair the noodles with Wah Kee's original sambal chilli sauce and special spicy sauce.
The Esplanade outlet is helmed by Mr Lau’s eldest son, Mr Kevin Lau who has the passion to continue the legacy created by his dad. Since the opening of the Esplanade branch, more people get to try the this local dish at a more convenient location and with a better dining experience.
Began in 1951, Wah Kee’s signature dish is prawn noodles. The robust soup, gigantic prawns and firm noodles all come together to achieve a winning dish. Nestled in Pek Kio, the flagship stall has won the hearts of gourmands, including Hong Kong actor Chow Yun-fat and food blogger Dr Leslie Tay. In December 2016, the brand opened its first-ever restaurant in Esplanade, bringing its lauded dishes to upscale markets.
Rating / Age Limit
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance
Ticket is available for use from 11am to 10pm on Monday - Sunday at Wah Kee Big Prawn Noodle. Offer not valid in conjunction with other promotions/discounts.
Click here for the menu.
- Available daily from 11am to 10pm only.
- Valid for one(1) month within the selected month of dining.
- Not valid on on Eve of PH, PH and special occasions.
- Valid for dine-in only, not valid for use on private events or take aways.
- Ticket is strictly non-extendable, non-exchangeable, non-refundable and cannot be sold for cash.
- Only original tickets are accepted. Please present original ticket at the time of ordering. Damaged, altered and/or expired tickets will not be accepted.
- Not applicable with other promotions, discounts, offers, vouchers and credit or privilege cards.
- The restaurant reserve the rights to change the menu, terms and offer without prior notice.
- You are advised to make a reservation at least 24 hours in advance prior to your visit.
- Please call +65 6327 9187 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Eve of Public Holiday and Public Holiday
- Special Occasions (i.e Halloween)
- Singapore National Day (9 Aug 2018)
- F1 (13-16 September 2018) - subjected to changes
- New Year's Eve and New Year Day (31st Dec 2018 and 1 Jan 2019)